Friday, January 6, 2012

completed project!

earlier in the fall when we 'redid' the den/living room it became abundantly clear that the fabric covered table in front of the window needed to be recovered stat...the yellow in the background of the plaid matched the walls and the entire table just sort of disappeared

    
 here's a before 

i had PROcrastinated this project for way too long...everything else in the room was finished...so on my last day of christmas break i sucked it up and spent 7.5 hours recovering the table (i'd had the fabric to do it with for years...years!)

AFTER:



the corners are pleated

i lined it!  with an old sheet!

the front panel is separate and lifts up to reveal: storage of extra stuff i probably do not need!!!

even though i'd rather have spent my day reading a book or crocheting a blanket or watching a movie, or taking a nap, or ANYthing other than tackling this project, at the end i was SO glad to have taken the plunge and just gotten in over with!

what do you need to tackle that you've been putting off?

have a great weekend!
~k

4 comments:

Pam said...

Wow, it really pops now! great job. I need to repaint the interior of the house and it sickens me to think about it. I need to just break it down into smaller projects and it won't seem so bad. Picking colors will be another hurdle. We have the same throughout the house right now. Any tips?

Punchbugpug said...

That turned out really nice!!! I love HIDDEN stuff!!! I need to make something like this for my craft room for the tables!

Sandy said...

You did a great job. Love the color. Wish I knew how to sew!

Swampgirl said...

Looks great and you can not have too much storage space! We are moving 4rooms -fruit basket turn over. The ebay/etsy/angels stuff is all moving into one room. The boy is moving into the guest room. The man cave is moving back to the man cave room. The guest room is moving back to what was the ebay storage. I am so overwhelmed that I am putting off it all!