Wednesday, December 14, 2011

keepin' it real

for a while now (months, possibly a year) my craft room has been a BIG FAT MESS...to the point that i cannot function in there, don't want to go in there, cannot even stand to look in there (which obviously i have to since it's right there in my house)...

last weekend i hit the breaking point when i was trying to finish up a couple of gifts and nearly lost my mind (clearly when you see the pics you will understand that it's amazing i didn't lose more than my mind...there could easily be a body in there)

i grabbed my trusty kitchen timer and worked off and on in 30 minute increments...here are the before pics...soon i'll show the 'during' pics





if all goes as planned, after cleaning the joint up i'm going to totally redo the entire room (minimally move everything to a better location/setup) (maximally paint the room a new color and install hardwood flooring)...who will win minimum or maximum?  stay tuned...


are you a slob too or is it just me?
~k

2 comments:

Sandy said...

That's pretty bad...but it looks kind of controlled chaos, too. I'm a slob and a hoarder and a procrastinator.

Punchbugpug said...

I'm not sure it looks all that bad? I mean right now I can't even show my room...it's too horrible, but I understand completely how hard it is to work in a room you feel out of control in!!! Good luck!!!!