Thursday, September 1, 2011

extreme living room makeover phase 1 aka 'my big fat mess'

at the end of phase 1 {electricians take over the house} we have this:

before we had this:

which in reality looked more like this:





in other words, it was SO dark in our living room...we now have 8 recessed lights along with a chandelier in the middle...well, there will be a chandelier when i order a new one...first person to guess what i'm getting wins (bragging rights) and my bet is NO ONE will figure out what i'm getting...

the 3 electricians were at our house all.day.long...along with the living room work, they installed 5 recessed lights in the kitchen...it's like i've died and gone to heaven there is so much light. 

the husband stayed home with all the cats...the cats didn't care too much for all the racket nor the 3 strangers invading their space...

as soon as they left, sophie took over as supervisor of the cleanup:

we put some stuff back in the living room, but there is still a lot of work to be done (paint ceiling, paint walls, get new sofa, get chair recovered, 'make' a new entertainment center, get a tv, and so on and so on and so on...

the dining room is still a mess:
we won't be having a dinner party any time soon!

~k

5 comments:

Punchbugpug said...

Lighting really makes a difference! When we redid our kitchen, NOW 24 years ago, the designer said LOTS of recessed lighting, I'm glad I listened! Can' wait to see it all done!

Sandy said...

Love all that lighting. I can't imagine what kind of chandelier you're getting. I've seen Sophie in that exact spot before ... maybe when you were working on your bathroom??

C.l.o.v.e.r. said...

Haha Sophie as supervisor, very cute. My guess is a capiz chandelier... I want one of those myself!
All the new lights look great! It's funny we were just thinking yesterday that our kitchen would be better with a bunch of recessed lighting...
xo

Pam said...

looking great! Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Magnolia Sun said...

Wow what a difference, I can't wait to see to see it finished, I know it will be beautiful.