Friday, August 19, 2011

apron friday ~ white organdy with baby rick rack trim

this is a vintage hostess half apron
i've never worn it
{it was in the stash of aprons i found at the great aunt's house}
cause really? when would you wear this lovely little thing?

the details are amazing...
i think this apron is handmade...


 the upper most patch is a pocket...the other 2 are just for looks

i think this apron needs to adorn a vintage 40s or 50s shirtwaist dress...
you know, like june cleaver or margaret anderson (father knows best)
and maybe high heels and pearls...

what do you think?

have a great weekend!
~k

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I think your era idea is right on. Do you ever watch Mad Men? Would fit in with that show very well.

Swampgirl said...

I have a couple of aprons about that age. Every once in a while I put one on (with my pearls and heels) to greet my Hubby when he comes home for dinner. I think that is one of his fantasies - he was born in the wrong generation!!!

Magnolia Sun said...

The apron is beautiful, I wouldn't wear either. I love your new header - it's been too long since I've blogged!