Tuesday, January 4, 2011

wrapping up loose ends and my 'word for 2011'

here are a couple of little projects that finished up the 2010 holiday season

a 'booklet' of the christmas picture cards we received
i saw a similar idea somewhere on the internet so last nite i made a cardstock cover and back, stacked the picture cards we got this year in the middle, punched a hole in the corner and placed the whole shebang on keyring i had saved from going in the trash a week or so ago...

festive ribbons on the key ring add a touch of flair

i plan to do this every year now! i think i'll place each 'booklet' on the coffee table during the holiday season to thumb thru and stroll down memory lane...


AND...the husband finished painting his canvas so the 'snow day' project is officially complete
i think he did a GREAT job! 

i tied ribbon on each canvas last nite and will find a special place to hang them tonite...with that, our winter decorating is complete (i will take pictures this weekend when there is better lighting)

and now my 'word for 2011':
the past couple of years i've noticed some bloggers pick a word of the year to guide them throughout the year instead of making new year's resolutions...this year i decided to choose a word...and after giving it much thought, my word is

FOCUS

focus can mean lots of things..mainly, i want to focus on:
  • staying on track
  • being happy with what i have
  • health
  • finishing things i've already started
  • living in the moment, not for the future
are you doing 'word of the year' this year or did you make resolutions/set goals for yourself?



~k

7 comments:

Punchbugpug said...

Great idea for your cards! I put mine in my scrapbook and visit them there! I like the word idea...focus is a great word! The mini paintings came out awesome.

Love your new header for Winter too.

Sandy said...

I like your winter header, too! I love the little picture project. I save picture cards every year and they are rubberbanded together and in a box. This is a great idea.

C.l.o.v.e.r. said...

Oh I love the little snowman paintings! So cute!!
And I like the idea of having a word for the year... I can't seem to decide on just one. Maybe mine needs to be focus! Haha!!
xo

Pam said...

What an excellent idea for the photo cards.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

What a clever idea for the cards! You're so smart!

Stefanie said...

What a great idea with the Christmas cards! I may do that, too. :)

Amanda said...

Love the card idea! I might just do that too.