Wednesday, December 29, 2010

on a winter's day...


although it was almost a day late...

so maybe we should call it 'boxing day snow'?

i love this picture!

winter wonderland...

a planned day off on monday turned into a snowday...what to do, what to do? well, i couldn't do what i'd planned cause it needed spray painting as a first step and it was way to cold in the attic and/or outside for that...so on to plan b ~ hand print snowmen paintings:



right before christmas i saw the idea on a crafty blog...

and even though we are grownups, i still wanted to make these for my 'winter decor'*

i finished mine...





but the husband hasn't finished his yet...

what's your idea of a great snow day project?

~k

*what? doesn't everyone take down christmas decorations and put up winter decorations? is it just me?  pictures forthcoming of my winter decorating...

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Those snowmen paintings are so cute! I love seeing all that snow. I was wondering if you all had spent Christmas in the mountains...I want to see more from up there, too. I did no decorations this year at all. But I'm still dreaming of getting my woodlands tree :)

AM said...

You sure did get snow! Am jealous! Emma saw it snowing outside and wanted to going sledding and make a big snowman! It didnt stick at all though.

Stefanie said...

This is too freaking adorable! What a great idea! You are so crafty.

Punchbugpug said...

Glad you got your snow wish! Thing is if you looked out and saw that for 3 months straight...might not be TOO EXCITING! LOL

Love the cute little paintings!

I have a lot of snowman decorations, so when Christmas comes down the snowmen stay up until it's time to decorate for Valentine's Day! I think I need a new banner with Snowmen and Snowflakes!

Magnolia Sun said...

OMG!!! that is the cutest thing ever.

Regina said...

WHat a great idea!! I love those adorable little snow people!

Sarah said...

I'm totally going to make these. Thanks for the idea!! SOOO Great!!!