Tuesday, September 21, 2010

stripping

over the weekend i stripped this antique dresser:


(full disclosure, being the impatient person that i am the top drawers and a small swath of the bottom drawer had already been stripped before i decided it would be a good idea to take before/after pictures)

(also i had already started experimenting with new knobs when i snapped these pics)



thus far it's been stripped, wiped clean and re-stained (a necessity due to the fact that some of the dresser is veneer and some of it isn't)...

i was going to start oiling it last nite but decided to take a nap instead (priorities...i gots mine!)

my back - it's killing me!
the dresser - it's beautiful!

stayed tuned for the final result and word on where this is headed...

~k

5 comments:

C.l.o.v.e.r. said...

Oh I am excited to see what it looks like! And I really love your hallowe'en apron. How is it that all my friends are so talented?! I've got nothing...

The Antiques Diva™ said...

"Just a little project over the weekend" you say... You so rock! Can't wait to see the results!
Toma

Random Musings Of My Life said...

I can not wait to see the finished product!

girlville husband said...

Good thing I'm here to ensure the peeps get the truth. So the truth is: I'M the one who refused to allow this piece to be painted because painting beautiful wood should be against the law and that's what she wanted. And WE stripped it. Sheesh.

Sarah said...

Where do you get thsi stuff?? That is such a pretty dresser.