Friday, September 3, 2010

emerging from the craft funk:

*edited to add that these 3 projects each took about 4 hours (or one evening after work) so they are fairly easy and grant quick gratification!

after months of lazing about doing pretty much nothing (i blame the heat...but that's just passing the buck) i finally got off my duff this week and dusted off the sewing machine to make some things to put in a basket to send to ashley to keep her occupied during her hospital visits...

she's a crafty girl like me so the main focus of the gift basket was craft supplies...so i knew a crayon roll and pencil roll were in order...



i based the crayon roll on this tutorial 
 

and the pencil roll on this one 
  (thank you super creative bloggers who design great patterns)

and while i was poking around on the blog with the pencil roll tutorial i found another cute tutorial for a 'posh pillow case':


 i just had to whip up one to brighten up ashley's boring hospital bed!

the crochet edge is adorable


and the little 'pocket' on the inside that hides your pillow is genious!

i think i'll make several more...

i'm glad to finally get off my duff and start being creative again...i was a slug for way too long...

i'm linking up to sew and tell this week (after a looooooooooong hiatus)



hop on over and see the wonderful things creative people have made this week!

this weekend i plan (with the help of the husband) to start a complete overhaul of the craft room...it's not 'working' for me...stay tuned...

have a safe and happy holiday weekend!

~k

15 comments:

Tere said...

Very cute! Love the fabric choices and colors! Come link up to my party....at terelauritsen.blogspot.com

amylouwho said...

I love all of these! Especially the pillow case with crocheted edge! Just lovely! I have pillowcases on my to-do list. I've also been wanting to make a crayon and/or pencil roll forever. Thanks for the links!

Glad you joined us!

Michelle (LemonadeGal) said...

What a special gift. I am really liking the pillowcase. That is definitely going on my "to make" list. Thanks for sharing!

Magnolia Sun said...

glad your back.

p.s.phyllis sews said...

SO glad that creating these wonderful projects was a lift for you. Your projects turned out great and will be a blessing to Ashley!

Pam said...

love them all! But, that pillow case is SUPER cute. She'll love it.

pinksuedeshoe said...

Oh that pillowcase is so cute! I LOVE that edging on it, it's just adorable.

Leslie said...

these crayons are so great...what a cute pillowcase. great finishes.

lush stuff said...

I love the fabric yo used on the rolls,so pretty. I am in love with the crochet edge on the pillows.great idea. I will share it at my crochet group meetup next week. Please link up sometime to lush friday on my blog. I would love if you did.Andrea

Karen said...

Great finishes! I love those posh pillowcases. I am not sure my crocheting skills are good enough to tackle the finish.

Katie B. said...

Lovely pillowcase!

Seams Inspired said...

Love them all...especially the pillowcase! Stopping by from Sew&Tell. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o)

Swampgirl said...

Glad to see you back! Maybe you can light a fire under me- love those projects!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Oh! They look great and now I'll definately be checking out that tutorial for the pillow case.

Haylee said...

I have seen the crayon things before, but never so pretty. I love the pillow case over as well.