Friday, May 14, 2010

tiny

tiny sundress i finished thursday afternoon:

it's an oliver + s pattern that's free on the website...it was a quick sew, about an hour and a half...

i added a little rick rack as suggested in the pattern...and mixed up the prints all sorts of crazy: hobbylobby paisley, michael miller dumb dot in red and some pink calico from joannsfabrics

i even did french seams! they were super easy and i think make the dress look very boutique...i'll be mailing it along with the skirt soon...fingers crossed they fit...

tiny kitty feet we see most everyday in the warmer months when we arrive home from work in the afternoons:
see them?  there in the bottom right side pane?


she's wacky...but we love her...the way she dirties up the windows...not so much


tiny tomatoes the husband  planted back in april:
can you see them?

there they are!

blossoms abound...we will be eating fresh tomatoes before you know it!

head over to amy's to see the other sew and tell finishes for the week and have a happy weekend!  be sure to come back monday as i'm participating in the sew, mama, sew spring giveaway day...


~k

24 comments:

Emily said...

I am loving the tiny dress.. that is adorable.. if Kenadie didn't already have an entire closet full of dresses already I'd order me one from you.. that is so cute. Maybe for her first birthday I can get you to make something special just for that. HA!

Jan said...

Precious dress -- and I am a firm believer in using French seams for a fantastic finish!

Michelle said...

Very cute! I love that Hobby Lobby paisley..I made a handbag out of it for a tote bag party recently..also paired it with red and white dots :)

Adorable dress!

Swampgirl said...

Precious! I would wear it - if it was a little larger! I love the mix of fabrics. I mailed the ruffle pants and AM said they fit! I love sewing "little" clothes!

Fresh Poppy Sisters said...

Such a sweet dress! I have that fabric and love it! Oh how I need to have a girl..

P. said...

The dress is adorable! As are the kitty feet!

Dee said...

Ah, if I only had a girl to sew for! I love the dress and the French seams are over the top cutely done!

Love the cat in the window!

Kristen said...

It's decided. I am making this dress this weekend for my girls! So cute!!

Leslie said...

that little dress is so adorable. i love the fabric that you chose.

Sarcastic Quilter said...

tiny envy over here at your being able to sew clothes and grow tomatoes!

I always screw up the clothes and need a house of my own for the tomatos...

lol - cute post!

Miri said...

Adorable sun dress!

Pam said...

Adorable dress AND completely adorabls kitty paws in the window! ;)

Sew It UP! said...

How precious! The rick rack details is just perfect. This dress makes me wish my daughter was younger so I could make her a few. :o( They grow up so fast...

Michelle said...

What a delightful little dress. I'm trying to work up the courage to go beyond quilting to making clothes.

What cute little kitty paws! Your kitty looks like mine.

Ahhh, we have teeny tomatoes too.

Katie B. said...

What a sweet little dress!

KQuiltyBee said...

Nice details on the dress. Our cat is a little quirky like that, too--gotta love 'em!

beth said...

great little sundress and lovely tomatoes! I'm looking forward to my tomato crop also.

em's scrapbag said...

Fun little sundress. I love the ric rac and fun fabrics you used.

Dayna said...

Love the dress with the "happy" colors!

Your tomatoes make me long for the tiny garden I left behind in the States. I miss making bruschetta.

Magnolia Sun said...

The dress is so cute. I'm thinking about making a little garden in our backyard of course it's probably too late to plant things now but maybe next year.

The Antiques Diva™ said...

French seams make all the difference! I think I might need to whip up 2 little dresses for my twin nieces!

tatgurl said...

Your dress came out so much nice than the one on the oliver + s blog! Love the fabric combination. You've inspired me to make one for my little girl.

*kate said...

This dress is adorable! It's even cuter than the one on the Oliver + S blog. ;-)

Thanks for pointing me to the free pattern. You have a pretty nice blog, I think I'll start following you. Ok? Ok.

kristie said...

*kate, thanks! i like your blog too and have started following. i expect to see you post one of these dresses very soon ;-)