Tuesday, April 13, 2010

too bad my name doesn't start with a j*

seems we went from winter straight to summer here in central nc...and when it's 'summer' and hot outside all i want to wear is a skirt or a dress and sandals/flip flips...the husband thinks i'm nuts...to him dresses or skirts are just plain 'dressy'...but i think a skirt is the ultimate in 'cool'...it's like free instant air conditioning that shorts just don't grant...i hardly ever wear shorts...

i just.don't.like.them

they are uncomfortable and (on me, i think) unflattering...so all summer you will most likely find me wearing some version of a skirt or dress...and once i find 'THE dress/skirt of the summer', i latch on to it for dear life...and i wear it every single day...take this dress that i was wearing on maundy thursday...i got it at w@Lm@rt a couple of months back in the jr. dept...the elastic in the cap sleeves was too tight (do jrs have wee tiny stick bone arms??) so i ripped it out and put new, bigger elastic in and i wore the dress...

for FOUR days straight (i did wash it) over the easter holiday

come easter sunday evening the husband remarked that he'd be glad for us to go back to work on monday....why?? i asked...'cause i hope and pray you will wear something different tomorrow' he replied...hmm, i think i've found THE dress...

do you like to wear skirts in the summer too or am i just strange?

keep cool...
~k

*alternate title: does this make me an honorary duggar?
ps: don't get me wrong, i love the duggars

4 comments:

Emily said...

I like that dress.. very cute!

I don't like wearing shorts either. At least not while I am still a good ways away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I am more of a capri's type person and flip flops.

On the other hand, I feel your pain. During the day, if I don't have to go anywhere or do anything, I wear my pajama bottoms and t-shirts... I do have two pairs of pajama bottom shorts that he makes fun of me for wearing. He also said if he took away all of my pajama bottoms and my maternity pants, I'd have nothing to wear... he's right!

So I hope this eating better and getting up off my butt helps shed some weight this summer.. I am desperate to get back into my jeans that have BUTTONS! LOL!

C.l.o.v.e.r. said...

Yeah I like that dress too! I love to wear dresses and skirts in the summer also. I have a few pairs of capris for work too. I have a few pairs of shorts, for the beach or something.
Can't wait till it is dress and skirt weather here!! We have a ways to go, I believe... :(

Swampgirl said...

I'm with you- I love a summer dress. Just pull it on, one piece, no matching stuff and you are ready to go! I have found several this year but my favorite (so far) is homemade and very thrifty! Take one tank top + one yard of cute fabric and sew together. I made my trial one a little too fluffy but I still love it! I'll have to blog about it!

D said...

So, should we start calling you Jirlville Dugger now? ha,ha

I'm with you, I love dresses and skirts in the spring and summer. I think the older one gets the less often one should wear shorts.