Friday, April 2, 2010

sew & tell ~ 'anthropologie-ish' apron


i finally finished a pieced apron i've been working on for about 3 weeks (i blame the cats...they kept lounging on the fabric) just in time for easter...which is a good thing as it was meant to be my easter apron...this is the third pretty ditty apron i've completed, but for the skirt on this one i pieced a couple different fabrics together because i was 1) going for an anthropologie look...

and 2) the entire apron was made from SCRAPS from other projects! it felt great to use what i already had...


there is some anna maria horner, some hobbylobby and even some walmart gingham (sadly, walmart no longer has a piece goods department...i found that out last weekend...r.i.p. walmart fabric department...the often had some cute stuff for a great price)

to see the other pretty ditty aprons i've made click here

AND

be sure to go visit the other sew and tell projects...you are guaranteed to be inspired!

ALSO
tyler wishes you all a GOOD 'good friday'


~k

15 comments:

Nicole said...

I want to wear that apron as a dress. That's not OK, is it. Very very sweet.

Leslie said...

i love this apron, what a beautiful finish for the week.

Busy Little Quilter said...

I love your apron. It's perfect for wearing at Easter.

Your cat looks so sweet. Mine often lays on my fabric, too.

nima said...

wow..that looks awesome...i love the fabrics too..

visitng you from sew & tell

Lauren said...

Your apron is so pretty I would be afraid to wear it, but I am a messy cook. I like that you used scraps, doesn't it feel great? I too am sad about Walmart not selling fabric anymore, bummer.

Sew It UP! said...

Very pretty indeed! Perfect for Easter.

pinksuedeshoe said...

Love all those prints together! I think it looks very anthro-ish. Nice work.

Kristen said...

What a sweet project. Those colors look great together!

Mary said...

I love that apron! So pretty!

Catherine said...

LOVE your apron, so pretty and doesn't it feel good to use up leftover scraps. Great photo of your cat!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

What a pretty apron and it's great to use from your stash!

Happy Easter to you and Tyler:)

KQuiltyBee said...

What a great apron. Reminds me of my mom's Easter hats! So great to use what you have. Happy Easter

Karen said...

That apron and those fabrics are just so beautiful. Great job.

beth said...

I love your apron! I have an apron collection going at my house and yours would fit in very nicely!!
No pressure! ;)

Rene' said...

Kristie, what a fabulous apron!!! Love it. Thanks for sharing!