in honor of earth day, i overslept (saving energy ya know) thus i didn't have time to take a long shower (saving water ya know) or wash my hair (saving baking soda ya know)...
a few other of our earth saving measures:
- carpool to work (we have been fortunate to be able to do this for 11 years now!)
- take our own bags to most all stores
- check out books from the library
- plant some veggies and herbs every spring to enjoy all summer
- reuse everything we possibly can (maybe you've noticed in some posts how the husband makes things out of scrap wood and parts, i'll try to start pointing it out more often)
- condense multiple errands into one morning and plan them out so as to be more efficient of gas and time
- make our own cleaning products
- going 'no poo' (me, the husband is not participating in this)
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
"make do and mend"
in today's world it seems everyone thinks everything is dispensable...maybe we should take more notice of the way our grandparent's lived - simple...after all, every day is earthday!
how are you saving our earth?