Tuesday, March 16, 2010

weekend crafts

last weekend i finished up the last of my sewing orders and painted a couple little easter/spring signs for myself...i only have ONE more sign to paint for a friend and then i'm all caught up on orders! after i'm finished with that i plan to make a couple of things for myself, organize my craft room (although apparently NO ONE thought it was messy) and refinish a couple pieces of furniture...

here are the things i finished last weekend...starting with 2 hostess aprons for AM (who is giving them as gifts to a couple of lucky friends):

cupcake and brown dot half apron of my own design

leftover lemon fabric from AM's full apron - again, my own design

an easter display in the dining room...the 'chirp' sign i finished up on sunday evening

and a matching 'peep' sign in the den...i plan to use them on into the spring when i switch from easter/rabbit decor to spring/birds/nests decor...

tomorrow i'll give a sneak peak of what i'm sewing next...

gotta get ready to watch LOST!

~k

7 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE the aprons and the signs you made, so CUTE!

Where are some of your other work for signs you make for your garden? I was thinking I had seen something on your blog once before.... I would love something like that for my outside.

AM said...

Wow, I am BEYOND impressed with those aprons! I love the coordinating fabric/bia tape/green and white polka top stuff. That cupcake fabric is SO SO CUTE. It's going to be tough to give those away, but I am excited for my friends!

kristie said...

AM, never fear for your full apron is BEYOND these half aprons, lol. the half aprons are going to make fabulous gifts.

emily, i haven't made any signs for my garden. you may have seen pics of my yard and signs i bought at craft fairs (?)...or sometimes i take the signs outside and hang them on the picket fence to take a picture in better light. i'm not sure how they would hold up outside other than in a sheltered place. although one that i got at a craft fair i sprayed really good with clear coat and it's held up fine.

Pam said...

Oh, I love the aprons! I'm so ready to dig out my Easter and Spring decor. I put out a few things for St. Patty's but I think I like the Easter stuff better.

kristie said...

pam, you haven't decorated for easter yet??? you'd better get to getting. it's in 3 weeks. i KNOW you've got some cute stuff.

Swampgirl said...

The ruffle on the bottom of the aprons is so cute! See if you notice anything familiar on my St. Patty's table! :)

Emily said...

Hmm.. I swear I thought I had seen something out in your flower garden or yard or something... but I do tend to drift to la la land at times.