Monday, March 29, 2010

an apron for me, an apron for you*...

*(well, if you are AM and you send me fabulous fabric)

i found a great apron pattern mentioned somewhere on some blog so i ordered it off of etsy...

first i made one for myself in order to try the pattern out...it was VERY easy, anyone who has any sewing experience would have no problems with this pattern...

here's mine:
i picked up the main fabric awhile back because the calico reminded me of something my great grandmother would have had AND it's super soft...


the trim is a couple of fat quarters i got from joannfabrics...my favorite part of this pattern is the elastic in the top...my second favorite part is the tiny ruffle on the bottom:



since i was successful making one for me, i made one for AM out of some great alexander henry fabric she sent me from her fabric man in korea...click here to see AM's apron!

although it was not as warm this weekend, the sun did manage to shine...and the birds were singing...this fat cardinal was right outside my craftroom window saturday morning chirping away...


~k

8 comments:

Sandy said...

You aprons are just amazing...I love that fabric and AM's is so very cute. I love the big bow in the back of those.

C.l.o.v.e.r. said...

What a cute cardinal! And I love your aprons too! I am going to order one from your etsy, as soon as I figure out what kind of style I like best... :)

Pam said...

I really like that design. The gathered top is VERY cute.

Debbie said...

I have that fabric!

Swampgirl said...

Cute apron! I love that ruffle, too. Do you have a ruffle attachment for your machine? They make one for mine but I don't have it. I've heard that is worth the money to get it. The slipcover I made just lays on the chair. I thought about making tabs that go around the sides and button on the back flap. Or ties. But it is a snug fit and I liked the minimal look! There are pleats on the flap that hangs down the back and I did a bias tape edge where it goes around the chair back.

Amanda said...

I seriously thought that the cardinal picture was fake! Wow, great picture! And the apron is really cute. :)

Emily said...

I always wished I knew how to sew... love your aprons!

Punchbugpug said...

I have that fabric! Thing is most of it was used in a little doggie dress, your surprised, right?????