Friday, February 26, 2010

"organization is the key to success"

that's one of the husband's favorite quotes and he loves to say it to me cause, contrary to popular belief, i'm NOT all that organized...especially right NOW...

one of my goals for 2010 is to get our home organized...but i also need to get my daily life organized...i'm a list maker by trade and sometimes have multiple lists going on all at once:
  • grocery list
  • weekly menu list
  • list of things to do
  • list of things to buy at a store
  • lists of lists
  • etc. 
  • you get the picture?
and these lists will be scratched out on whatever i can find at the time...

translation: little slips of paper that i tend to misplace/lose/the cat ate/etc...

but then i found this nifty little organizing device on simple mom...and it's changed my life...really...i promise...

this post on simple mom explains how she uses the daily docket...but you can use it however best suits YOU...

for instance: I don't normally fill in the 'inspiration' block cause i'm not very inspired lately, and i never use the food log or workout thing these days, but i DO use the MIT's and the 'what's for dinner?' and the water log and the 'to do list' and the 'what to blog' section...

i print off 7 blank dockets every monday and fill out what i can for each day...i mark off items as done, transfer to a new day if necessary, etc...

check out the links and let me know what you think!

and on that note i am signing off here for one week to get myself better organized...i am over my head in orders right now and am forcing myself to finish them all up (and then i'm taking a sabbatical from making anything for others...it's necessary for my sanity right now)...and i want to clean my craft room (cause i'm pretty sure a hurricane blew thru there)...and i need to decorate for spring & easter...so mark your calendars: i'll be back on monday, march 8th...promise!

have a great weekend and week!

~k

6 comments:

Emily said...

You are just awesome... I love that list.. thank you for this post!!! Gonna print this off for myself. :)

kristie said...

emily - the post was just for you ;-)

Sandy said...

Thanks for the links. I'm not a list maker...maybe that's one of my problems that I seem to get nothing done or stay focused. Have a good week off from blogging...we'll be waiting for your return!

chalica pack said...

Well, when you come back from your blogging break, I hope all this newfound organization enables to you post here more often! :)

C.l.o.v.e.r. said...

Great links!
Loooove list writing, and I always have little slips of paper all over the house. I end up re-writing lists over and over and over. I am obsessive about it. Maybe this will help me! Thanks!

ezeldabeth said...

i have lists of my lists! thanks, i'm going to give this one a try :)