continuing with the copy cat aprons...this is a smock style apron i found in the stash:
sew, what to do...
i used the original to make a tissue paper pattern and adjusted the armholes to be a bit 'tighter'...then i decided to use a fabric that AM got from the fabric market in korea cause as soon as i saw it i knew it was destined for this project...it looks JUST one of my great grandmother's aprons:
i love it! i've washed it several times to soften up the fabric...the project took one yard of cotton fabric, 2 packs of bias tape (i'm really getting the hang of sewing on bias tape), 3 buttons and i 'made' button holes with embroidery floss and a tiny metal crochet hook (as was on the original):
the blue buttons came from a raincoat that belonged to my granny!
i really like the smock style and wore it all weekend while i cleaned the house...it seemed perfect for that task...
and now on to mr. needy mcneedy pants:
we gave him plenty of love!