Friday, February 5, 2010

no poo 3 weeks and counting...

i wasn't going to post again about my no 'poo experience until week 4 but amanda wanted to see some pictures...i didn't take a starting point picture...for reference you can just look at an old picture somewhere on this blog...go find one...i'll wait.............

okay, so this picture below was taken on day nine of no 'poo...i was really trying to take a picture of me with braces for posterity cause later that day i had the upper braces removed...note length of hair...also this picture was taken about 7:30am right before i left for work:

 the following sequence of pictures were taken yesterday (day 23 of no 'poo) right after i'd blown my hair out with a paddle brush...note length (i had it cut on day 14 to give it a fresh start AND to see how fast it will grow, more about that later)...also please note that i do not have on any makeup...it's just me au naturel...this particular morning i used baking soda made into a loose paste to scrub my scalp, diluted apple cider vinegar rinse followed by a blast of cold water:









so...there you go, amanda!  is anyone else trying this? 

i'll talk more about my progress and tweaks i'm making to my regime on week 6...

~k

5 comments:

Kim said...

I think your hair looks great! I've got a list of things I want to start doing this year including no-poo-ing (that sounds like a serious medical condition ha).

I need to use up the free shampoo first, I'm cheap and I can't toss it.

girlville said...

kim, as i said wednesday, i'm using the cheap shampoo to scrub toilets with!! i'm still holding on to my $$ shampoo from the hairdresser just in case i ever go back.

Tammy said...

This really disturbed me. I am not up to date and thought you hadn't pooped in 3 weeks. Weirded out.

C.l.o.v.e.r. said...

Your hair looks awesome! I soooo want to try this too!!
And your housekeeping 101 post was very inspiring. We are about to buy our first house and we have a very large amount of crap to sift through in our current townhouse. I will use your guide as a reference! Thanks!

Amanda said...

Thanks for the pictures! Your hair looks so healthy and not frizzy at all. Now you need to take it to the beach and let me know if it stays that way...THEN maybe I'll try this. ;)