Thursday, November 12, 2009

happy birthday, charlie!

1. today is charlie’s tenth birthday! we were inspired to adopt him after hurricane floyd caused severe flooding in the eastern part of our state ten years ago…hundreds of pets and animals lost their homes and shelters were full. although he wasn’t a floyd victim per se, charlie is afraid of rain and water (along with the tv, people in general, the door bell, etc.)…if he’s up for it i’ll give him a nice brushing tonite for his birthday, it’s one of the very few things he allows me to do to him…

2. oddly enough we are in the midst of a nor’easter/hurricane/tropical moisture ‘event’ right now…it’s been raining for going on 2 days and the winds are kicking up fierce…we may need to build an ark soon as ‘they’ say it’s going to continue for about another 24 hours…

3.i feel like death warmed over today…probably due in part to the weather…but I’ve found that hot ginger tea and ginger snaps make me feel a teensy bit better…

4. anyone want to guess how much $ we made at the great aunt’s estate sale…closest without going over will win a prize…winner to be announced tomorrow evening at 9pm eastern standard time! (helpful hint: the sale was held for 2 days, the second day all items were half price)

~k

8 comments:

Punchbugpug said...

First...a big 'ole Happy Meowday to Charlie! He and Chloe share a day! LOL...do you make him a cake????

Hmmm, the sale....I guess.....$3,100...

calicodaisy said...

Oh, that rain is just sitting over us here in the Columbia area. Forecast for sunshine is not even tomorrow but on Saturday. I need me some blue skies!

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

Aww Happy Meowday Charlie! :) That is a great story.

I'm going to venture at $2,876. I have NEVER been to or seen or heard of even an estate sale so this is completely out of my rear end, LOL!

Sandy said...

Did Charlie come out from under the bed?? We sure feel lucky here that the storm was not as forceful as it could have been. I guessing you all made 3,125. That's a huge guess on my part because I have no idea how much stuff was going in the sale.

Sarah said...

My guess is $1.00. Isn't that how it works on Price is Right? I'm actually not sure what that means but that's my guess anyway!! :)

Swampgirl said...

Ida left us with a flooded basement and a ton of leaves in the yard -but no real damage! My guess on the estate sale is $3,456! Happy Birthday to Charlie!

Pam said...

Happy birthday Charlie!

Peejay Li said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.