Thursday, March 26, 2009

my purse

i was tagged by random musings of my life to show my purse and it's contents...there are some parameters involved though...specifically:

1) Post a picture of whatever bag you are carrying as of late. No, you cannot go up to your closet and pull out that cute little purse you used back before you had kids. I want to know what you carried today (or the last time you left the house).

2) I want to know how much it cost:) And this is not to judge, because I’m honestly telling you I was ready to put down some cash; I just got lucky. This is for entertainment purposes only. So spill it. And if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, I’d love to hear it.

3) Whats in it?

4) Tag some chicks. And link back to this post so people know why the heck you’re showing everyone your diaper bag/non-diaper bag.

when she tagged me here's what she said: "Girlville - Because she is so crafty.. I bet its handmade!"

1) well...i hate to disappoint...but i have VERY few purses that i've made...i have a couple that other people have made...however, currently i'm carrying a vera bradley that's from several seasons ago:
2) i do not recall what it cost but i tend to buy her purses in the $40-$60 range and since this one is at least 3 years old i'd bet it was more in the $40 range...this pattern was from a fall line and i used it for fall/winter...i realize it's now spring and this purse is anything but spring...but i'm too lazy to swap it out

3) what's in it? more like what's NOT in it:



all dumped out!


exhibit a: brush, safety pin (really, i have no idea how that got in there), multi-acid hydroxy pads and retexture creme (i was just back from getting a facial peel and bought these products from the medical spa), orabase (for braces induced canker sores) and a little mini pipe cleaner like toothbrush for braces


exhibit b: sunglasses, tape measure (you NEVER know when you have to measure a piece of furniture at a thrift store), 2 sets of car keys, a pen (from disney...i'm the same way with hotel pens as soaps)


exhibit c: wallet, business card holder, tissue holder (made by pam), coin purse


exhibit d: a receipt from a trip to the post office (today), all my store coupons and gift cards, a note with the name of a book i'm looking for on it, a list of all the bach floral essences i want


exhibit e: my new cell phone in a it's little cell phone cozy that i whipped up...this is the first cell phone i've ever owned...i went 40 years without one...then my car broke down at lunch one day...end of story...

notice i have the time in seoul, korea on it...so i always know if AM is sleeping or awake!


i can even text!


kady says she loves this purse a lot


she thinks it's her color


the green matches her eyes
4) i tag anyone who wants to play along...but i'd really like to see what 'M' has in her bag and sandy too.
~k

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm scared of getting tagged...maybe I should go purse shopping (or at least clean out my current one). :)

Random Musings Of My Life said...

HAY!!! I love peaking in purses..lol

Pam said...

Fun post. HA, I totally do the same thing with hotel pens.

Cool phone. I think Kady just found herself a purse. ;)

Sandy said...

Oh, wow, you pack a lot in the purse. Very nice purse. I'm carrying Vera Bradley, too. I'll do this tomorrow!

The Antiques Diva™ said...

what a fun voyeristic blog this is today.... and you carry such cute accessories in your bag!

Nellie said...

I've stopped by a couple times to read your blog... visiting from AM... and I just had to comment on this post. I am in LOVE with your cell phone holder.

Would you ever consider making a half a dz of them in whatever patterns/fabric you can get and selling them to me? I would love to give them as gifts (and keep one for myself :), I think they are darling!

You can email me at nelliesnook2 (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks!!