Thursday, March 19, 2009

is there a 12-step program for this?

okay, i admit it...i'm a hoarder...

-


-


-


-


-


-

more specifically...a hotel soap hoarder:

exhibit 'a'


while cleaning out the master bath linen closet a couple of weekends ago, i concluded that i have a serious problem...i take ALL the soaps/shampoos/lotions/potions i possibly can every time i stay overnight in a hotel...i use the shampoos when i travel and i take the small lotions to work or carry them in my purse...but the soaps...ah, the soaps...i just hoard them...
i haven't been to disney in over 2 years! yet i have an exorbitant amount of mickey soaps...we went to disney every year for 5 years straight...and EVERY day i smuggled all of the soaps into my suitcase so mousekeeping (that's the maids for all you non-disney folk) would put out more ...my suitcase would be jam packed with soap by the end of my week (believe me, i PAID for that soap, disney ain't cheap...i took all i could get!)...

i decided to end this nonsense and gathered all of my hotel soaps into a large glass canister...and i'm going to USE them until they are all gone...think of all the money i'll save by not having to buy hand soap!

and just to make this fun...whoever correctly guesses how many* soaps are in this canister (it's about 1.5 gallon size, i'd estimate)....


wins this little spring birdie




(i'll sew a hanger on it too)
HaPpY sPrInG!!!
~k
*the price is right rules apply: closest without going over wins
pps: winner drawn tomorrow nite at 10pm

13 comments:

Shannon Hillinger said...

`I'm guessing 42. Because I can.

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

I guess 33!

Mrs. D said...

I'm guessing 45!

calicodaisy said...

27. Cute bird!

Michele said...

My guess is 23. I have your same sickness! lol

Michele
mjk5265@comcast.net

Sandy said...

I am guessing 46. Sure makes a nice display!

"M" said...

I'm guessing 55

Amanda said...

I'll go 65.

Kim said...

I'll guess 38 :)

We just started using up our Mickey soap and shampoo too. I had a dozen from our trip 3 years ago.

Pam said...

That's funny! My inlaws do the same thing with the Disney soaps.

I had a bit of a collection of hotel soaps once and decided to start using them. I don't think we had to buy soap for some time because we had so many.

I'll guess 60.

Punchbugpug said...

Wow, the guesses are all over the place! I'll guess 37 because I don't think anyone guessed that number yet!

PS I was wondering where my soap disappeared at bloggy meetup...hmmmm

lucky to be me said...

Glad I am not the only one who hoarded soap! I have quite a few Mickey soap too. I opened them and put them in a glass jar by the tub. They look really cute and easy to get a new bar when we need it.

The Antiques Diva™ said...

Isn't it funny how we do these things? Taking soap from hotels is a hobby for my husband! He also started snitching those short-life hotel-house-shoes and I've about 40 of them (in little hotel plastic bags with various logos from around the world) under my bed.

Today I'm wearing Tokyo Mandarin Oriental... What I love about wearing hotel house shoes around the house is that I get to put on a new pair of each week taking a trip without leaving home!