Thursday, February 26, 2009

vintage raincoat

recently i acquired two vintage london fog raincoats:

exhibit a
they were both rather stained but otherwise in excellent condition to be more than likely older than me...i stain sticked them up and tossed them in the washer, crossing my fingers for good measure...they came out fairly clean but didn't look 'crisp' anymore...so one by one i've taken them to the dry cleaners to see what they could do...this blue one came back looking great...no more stains!
proof that the ladies clothing industry is whacked out!
i generally wear a size 2 or 4...this coat fits me perfectly...hmmm...one can only conclude that today's sizing is WAY different than that of days gone by...
the one thing i didn't like about the blue coat were the buttons...they were sort of faded out...so a trip to the fabric store on tuesday yielded new buttons...last nite i painstakingly sewed them on and:
a great 'new' coat


now i only need some rain!

i'm pleased with the red buttons...i think it adds a certain je ne sais quois...

this weekend 'they' are calling for tons of rain...i'll be ready!

~k

ps: i get the other coat back from the dry cleaners tomorrow

7 comments:

Swampgirl said...

I love it! Vintage clothes are great and the red buttons give it a whole new life! And my Victorian costume is size 12!!!! I never!!!!So you are right...the sizes,they are a changin'!!!!

amylouwho said...

that is my favorite color blue! and I love it with the red buttons!

Pam said...

Very cute and I'm loving the red buttons.

P.S. I'm sending the rain your way. It's pouring buckets here right now.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Cute coat. Red buttons?

Mrs. D said...

Very pretty color. It's raining here today so just run over to TN for a quick trip, OK?

Random Musings Of My Life said...

Very cute!! I love the red buttons!!

sheela said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Kaylee

http://www.craigslistpostingonline.info