Wednesday, February 18, 2009

a reveal...

recall the ill fated wide leg pajama pants from the weekend? well i finished them monday nite (after making buttonholes with my new sewing machine for the first time ever...super duper easy!!)...and i've practivally worn them non-stop ever since:

self portrait #1




self portrait #2





#1 taken by the husband (note tv program in background...his all time favorite)



#2 taken by the husband



close up of the fabric...it's a super soft, rather thin (like lawn cotton almost) cotton and i think it's very cute...however, if you don't like birds...well then you won't think it's very cute...



i hope to finish up the other pair tonite...which means more buttonholes...yippee!!! my new machine is fabulous but that's a whole other post...


~k

12 comments:

Sandy said...

Those are so cute! That fabric is pretty. I want to hear more about your new sewing machine. I wish there was one that did all the measuring for folks who don't measure well...kind of like cars that can park themselves...ha!

Pam said...

super super cute. I like the brown ribbon!

Page said...

So, how many husbands do you have??? I saw two listed... ;) Those pants are adorable. And they look very comfy.

Swampgirl said...

Very cute! You always find cute fabric! What fabric stores do you find all of it in? Ours have all gone out of business -except Hobby Lobby and one tiny Singer store!

girlville said...

page, you are SO funny! i fixed it so i only have one husband...

swapgirl, i got that fabric at hancock. we have: hancock, joanne, walmart, and several independent fabric stores that i really don't go to. I WANT A HOBBY LOBBY!!!

sandy, more about sewing machine very soon. maybe i'll video the buttonhole as it's amazing. to me at least.

pam, that brown ribbon is left over from our wedding...it's over 11 years old.

Punchbugpug said...

so cute! where is my pattern?

AM said...

those are awesome. Are you going to add those to the shop? Can you do a post where you list out the things you are currently selling and list out what you want to be selling soon?

That fabric is fab. Remins me of Cjane and NieNie.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Quite cute! You need to sell those on etsy so I can get a pair!!

girlville said...

norman, do you want them to be for your front legs or your back legs???

girlville husband said...

OK - all you women I used to like, I don't any longer. Not a single one of you made a comment about the greatest TV show this country has ever known. Shame on you!

amylouwho said...

Those are super cute! Are they from Amy Butler's book?

And I happen to love the little birds!

girlville said...

amylouwho - yes they are from amy butler's book! i love them and have made about 10 pair (all for myself, haha) so far. i do modify the pattern a wee bit though (shorten the waist). if i could figure out how to wear them to work i would.