Monday, February 16, 2009

who's up for a swap? EDITED!!!


SWAP SIGN UP IS NOW CLOSED, THANKS!

i had so much fun doing the birds of change exchange and my mini winter blahs swap with pam that i thought it'd be fun to host a swap for anyone that's interested...

the theme of the swap is 'take time to relax'...it seems like everyone i encounter these days is anxious, worried or in a funk...so i think we all need to just relax!

here are the particulars:

1) this will be a paired swap meaning you will be assigned a swap partner and send a swap package in the mail to your partner.

2) the theme is 'take time to relax'...you can interpret that EVER how you choose...include in your swap package items that define relaxation to you... items that you would be super excited to receive...be creative!

3) preferable at least one item you send your partner will be handmade by you...now before you get all freaked out...i don't mean you have to sew something or paint something (unless you want to)...but surely everyone can make something: bake, mix, cut, paste, download, etc....the idea here is to just be creative...and i think y'all are all creative...so put on your thinking caps, search blogs and websites for tutorials and ideas! but if you simply cannot think of anything to make you can surely buy whatever you wish to include in your package.

4) please let me know if you are willing to be paired with someone international (so peeps from canadaland or korealand or any other land can participate)!

5) swap pairing will close on sunday the 22nd! i will post swap partners and send emails with all the pertinent details (addresses) on monday the 23rd.

6) it would be nice to send your swap items out by march 20thish as that's the first day of spring (hallelujah!) EDITED: IT IS NOT REQUIRED THAT YOU MAIL BY THE 20TH...packages do however, need to be mailed by end of march.

7) please email me with your address if i don't already have it (see email in sidebar)

8) feel free to post the swap button on your blog so we can get lots of participants! just put the code below in your sidebar as html widget!



9) the goal is to have fun and perhaps get to 'know' a new blogger!

10) any questions?

so who's in????

~k

18 comments:

Magnolia Sun said...

I would love to participate not sure if anything I make will actually be in the package but I'll try.

Random Musings Of My Life said...

Me too!! How fun.. I will start shopping immediately...lol

AM said...

I might have to sit this one out. But I'll get back to you before the deadline.

I'm super excited to get my sewing machine whenever it arrives. Havent used it in years but Korea inspires me.

Punchbugpug said...

I'm in. Also, I don't mind international swap. We do border Canadaland!

Pam said...

You know I'm in!

"M" said...

I will play along too. And hope I can come up with something creative!

Amanda said...

Ok, since you're giving us a month...I'm in! My first swap, I'm excited. :)

The Devil Dog said...

I think that we will join in as well. Especially since we do have a month to be "creative".

Roxy & Lucky

We will send you our email address.

Swampgirl said...

Count me in! I don't know how to relax- this will be a learning experience!

Puglette said...

i'd like to join! I will send an email!
thanks!
puglette
:o)

Punchbugpug said...

Oh Girlville...the Pug bloggers are coming out of the woodwork for this one!

Sandy said...

I'll sit this one out since I got too much going on in a couple of weeks. but maybe next time!

Leah said...

I would love to play! And I am happy to send internationally if needed. I will email you my address.

Neas Nuttiness said...

This sounds like so much fun. I would love to get in on it, but probably can't "mail out" by the 20th. I've been out of state for surgery, and won't get back home until the 14th. I want to be able to put some time into the swap. Just let me know. Also, I would prefer to stay Stateside, as expenses have been piling up due to the surgery.
Thanks (Found you through Pug Possed)
libneas[at]aol[dot]com

AM said...

Im going to pass this time, but I WILL play along next time!

Jessica said...

Im in! I LOVE swaps!! I will email you my address!

cathymichaelsdesign said...

I'm in - and from Canada but have no trouble working with my America friends

HappyHomemaker said...

I'm in! I'm in! But I will need your guidance...as I have never swapped before! I AM A SWAP VIRGIN! That really sounds weird! This will be so great... I can't wait! I will e-mail you my address.