Monday, January 5, 2009

what i did all weekend...

i sewed and painted....

my second apron (first was a christmas one i whipped up christmas eve and didn't take a picture of...sorry...anyhoo, this is a valentine's apron that i'm going to list on etsy...



the waist has pleats...i plan to make another valentine's one with a different fabric in the near future
here is one of the 2 valentine's banners i made to list:


the other one:



thank goodness it was sunny on saturday...i got half way decent pictures...sunday it looked like seattle outside...

i had 2 orders for valentine's signs (the pink 'be mine' is one of them) and i also made 6 smaller ones to put in the etsy shop:

and i had 2 orders for 'winter signs' so this is what i came up with:

after finishing them i kicked myself in the butt (or i could have gotten norman's woman to do that i suppose) for not making one for myself...so i got the husband to cut down a board and i started my own last nite

and my FAVorite thing i made all weekend was this 'winter' apron:



i will be making one for myself! i think i have enough fabric left to make 2 more


my dress form had a lot of fun modeling all my wares!
what i didn't do all weekend: finish putting away the christmas decor...my goal is to be done by wednesday nite...
tomorrow: some of my crazy thriftiness that's surfaced in the new year...
~k

6 comments:

Magnolia Sun said...

I love everything, your model sure does have a tiny waist!!

Pam said...

Love the aprons! I love how they tie in a big bow. so cute.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Those are all lovely!

Punchbugpug said...

LOVE the creations! The signs are adorable! I MUST get my banner out and ready for V-day!

AM said...

Aprons! Ok, I am in desperate need of an apron, but I need a full apron. Meaning one with a top peice because I get dishwater on my shirt all the TIME. I've found a few in ETSY but havent purchased one yet. Jason said he'd get me one as a late birthday present. Do you want to create and sell me one? Or should I buy elsewhere?

(yours are very cute and I am so proud of all your crafting!!!)

Emily said...

I love your work. So cute!