Thursday, January 1, 2009

happy new year ~ nine resolutions for 2009

for posterity (aka: so we can all laugh in a year when we go back and read these) here are my nine resolutions for 2009:

1. relax more, release, enjoy life, don't sweat the small stuff

2. get these &%*$($&# braces off, have laser gum surgery, teeth whitening and 2 dental implants (jeez, that sounds like script from 'extreme makeover')

3. reduce, reuse, recycle; use what i have; shrink my carbon footprint; think before i purchase; identify wants vs. true needs

4. think global but buy local

5. eat more fruits and veggies this summer and fall, try to visit a farmer's market weekly (see #4)

6. learn to say 'no' and not feel guilty

7. clean out and organize every nook, closet and cranny in this house and donate what i don't want or need to someone less fortunate who may need it (see item #3)

8. get a library card

9. meet at least one new blogger in person

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

~k

8 comments:

Magnolia Sun said...

Those are all excellent, good luck. You don't have a library card? really?

Page said...

You can do it!! I don't have a library card either...I used to when I lived in Gainesville, but haven't gotten one since I've lived in PC for nearly five years!

Pam said...

I can identify with number 6. I'm getting better about it though.

Happy New Year!

Sandy said...

Very nice list! I am going to try the fruits and veggies, too.

Punchbugpug said...

Good list! Honestly...number 8 should be VERY easy!

AM said...

I think you should think globally and come visit me.

And did you get my last email? It didnt require a response or anything, but I know sometimes they go to your home spam filter.

"M" said...

Happy New Year

Swampgirl said...

#2 strikes fear into my heart- I have to go to the dentist next week and I know he will suggest everything except the braces! I can't tell you what a big baby I am about things dental!