Monday, January 12, 2009

happy blogoversary to me!

without further adieu...i just drew names for the 2 prize packs:



swampgirl, i'll send you the apron and 'be mine' sign as AM has already ordered a 'full' apron from me (apparently, she is a messy cook...) and AM will get the market tote (which should come in handy in her new city) and candle (i can send a candle overseas, right?)

thanks to all who entered especially those who delurked! heads up: there will be another giveaway next week on the 20th in conjuction with the birds of change exchange (see button on left hand column).

the past two years have really flown by...one of the best things that's come of this blogging adventure has been making new friends and being able to meet them in person


charlotte, nc ~ october 2007


raleigh, nc ~ october 2008

(pam, you are standing in the same spot - that's funny)

here was my first post...i remember emailing sandy and getting her advice in beginning my blog...i posted and then left town for 4 days to a place with no internet!
and since i asked for YOUR favorite post, here's my favorite post...seriously, when AM commented for the first time on my blog i thought i'd really made it big time!

thanks for all the good times, laughs, tears and friendship! here's to many more meet ups and years of blogging...


~k

7 comments:

Punchbugpug said...

Congrats to the winners! Although, I am terribly jealous! I mean I've been soooooooo patient here waiting....

AM said...

Aw, I feel slightly bad for Punchy...slightly. :)

It was neat reading back to the first time I commented! Wow. Time has flown by. But, it feels like we have been friends forever!

I am excited! It's too cold to leave the apartment on foot. I dont have any decent tv, no car, so all I have keeping my spirits high is hoping Jason brings me mail home. (Mail comes to his work) And yes, individuals can mail anything to me. There are different rules for companies (like BBW wont mail me perfumes) but individuals (like you!) can mail me anything.

I am messy. And I wipe my hands on my pants when I am cooking. :(

Oh, and still working on getting a measuring device. Jason might bring me home one tonight...

Sandy said...

Congratulations to Swampgirl and AM! Anything you make is such a treasure to get! I'm so glad I won the MKA book last year. I'm so glad to have all the blogging friends in my life, too. I think I need to have a giveaway soon!

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Happy Anniversary Blog!

Swampgirl said...

WOW! I'm so excited -I love the apron and sign! I'm coming up on my first blogaversary next month so I'm trying to come up with an idea!!! So many crafts...so little time!

Pam said...

I noticed that too about standing in the same spot. That's really weird.

calicodaisy said...

Please invite this SC girl to your next blog get together. I'd love to meet some other bloggers, too! -- especially right up the road in Charlotte.