Thursday, October 16, 2008

the great bloggy meet of 2008 ~ part 2, neat stuff

swampgirl made most everyone a pug paper mache ornament...but pam and i got black kitties!

hmmm, do those teeth remind you of anyone?



sandy was SO nice to send a box
of halloween treat tins that she hand decorated and filled with candy corn...i would have rather she came to bloggy meet but this was very nice in lieu of her being there:

i chose the black kitty tin (she also did spiders)...one day she will be selling these to the masses

punchy and C brought me a basket full of goodies: fingerlakes region (in new york) wine, a yummy candle (i've burned it and it smells good enough to eat), some harvest dish towels and a couple of harvest placemats

norman's woman is practically a master gardener! she brought me some bulbs to plant (some variety of lilies, i think):

and a ginormous variety of eggplant that she, norman and ian grew:

i have already picked out 3 eggplant recipes to make this weekend so stay tuned to see what i turn this into...although it's practically too pretty to cook...

thanks to ALL of these wonderful people for their gifts...i really appreciate them...

~k

ps: i got my upper braces on today...good times! perhaps i should puree the eggplant...

7 comments:

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

I'm so glad you like eggplant! People either love it or hate it! The lilies are yellow callas. You plant them now, as they can overwinter in the ground. They bloom around June, but their foliage is gorgeous from April-frost. It is green (of course) with lovely white speckles.

Page said...

Aww, I would so wear the braces for you if I could. I love having dental work and when I was younger and had braces, especially liked having them tightened. Strange, I know. And the eggplant!! We took a few when we were in Asheville, and I'll tell ya now that they are delicious! And, we still have a bit left over...that stuff lasts foreva!

Punchbugpug said...

eggplant...yummy...I'm coming back to see what you make...

I forgot about the braces! Are you okay?

Sandy said...

I love eggplant! Those looks real good. I hope you show us what you make. I remember the days of my braces and the p-a-i-n. Good luck.

Magnolia Sun said...

Such nice goodies. I hate I missed seeing everyone and meeting the new peeps. I'll be looking forward to next year.

Pam said...

All the different eggplant was so cool looking. Norman's Woman and Ian were telling me there were several (hundreds?) varieties. I really had no idea there were so many different eggplant. Looking forward to seeing what you make with.

Sorry about the braces. =(

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

wow such great gifts! Looks like I miss a great time this year. Can't believe it has been a year already since we all met. I hope to attend the next bloggy meetup....such a great time!