Tuesday, September 30, 2008

weeeknd update ~ a day late

thursday nite/friday morning a nor/easter was upon us. by any other name a nor'easter is a hurricane or at the very least a tropical storm...this nor'easter had the same effects as tropical storm hanna in our area: lots of wind and rain...here was the sky on my drive to work friday morning...ominous!

i left work early and went to the spa for a chemical peel (yes, that is what you do when get old...and it's not like samantha's peel in sex and the city)...when i got home the husband decided to destruct mantown...here is the before picture:
then he got out the sheetrock saw...and with his supervisor started making me some storage space:

uh oh - is this unforeseen trouble???
you will have to wait until tomorrow to see the conclusion of this story...
for my part of the weekend i cooked a bunch and decorated for halloween...since it's fall i felt like making fall recipes...saturday nite i made pumpkin penne pasta (rachael ray recipe)...delicious!

i also made pumpkin cranberry amish bread (it was just 'meh') and roasted a chicken on sunday nite....here is the 'bed' i made for the chicken...i slice onions thick and put on the bottom of a pan then put the chicken on top - i don't have a formal roasting pan with a rack, etc. and this works perfectly:

forgot to take pictures of the final product but trust me, it was good!

i made another halloween banner for my etsy shop...it's using some vintage fabric that i came across:
sunday nite i dropped my camera in the kitchen...onto the hardwoods...i freaked out! but then i took this picture to make sure it was still functioning...phew!
i know you are all interested in my drying dishes...

sophie went to the vet saturday morning for her annual checkup...i'm trying to get her to blog about it...she's is considering it...she says if someone correctly guesses her weight she will! any guesses???

~k

5 comments:

Sandy said...

That food looks so good! The new banner looks great and I can't wait to see what's going on in Manville. I think Sophie weight 8 pounds...maybe.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

No more Mantown? I guess Sophie weighs 12 pounds. She's a big mama, right? LOL!

Page said...

Hmmmm, I'm going to guess Sophie weighs 11 lbs. Pumpkin Penne sounds delicious!!

Pam said...

She's looks pretty petite...I say she's around 9 pounds.

That chicken dish looks yummy with all those veggies.

Oh, and that doesn't sounds good about what was found behind that wall...I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the story.

Maris said...

The pumpkin pasta recipe from Rachael Ray looks so good! I was going to make it tonight but I was feeling inspired and made up my own :) It sounds like you had a nice weekend despite the lousy weather!