Saturday, September 6, 2008

tropical update

7:50am day 2: i'm operating on 2 hours of sleep (4am-6am)...we've had about 4 and half inches of rain so far and have maybe a good 2 or 3 more hours of 'steady rain' yet...fortunately the east side of the eye (which is where we are) isn't getting the winds...we do have 1200 peeps in our county with no power (that's very few considering how large the county is) and reports of a few trees down...more so the effect of this storm in my area is flooding...several streets are closed and one mall has closed their lower parking deck (it floods at the drop of a hat anyways)...JUST IN only 400 without power in my county...the power company is doing a great job of getting power back on quickly...my biggest fear is losing power...i go beserk...

stay tuned to see if i go beserk...

~k

ps: everyone north of us on the east coast in the path of this storm, please stay safe and take the flooding/high winds seriously, hanna is slated to remain a tropical storm for the duration of it's track along the united states...stay inside today!

1 comment:

rpm said...

I hope you don't lose power. I can't stand to lose power either. I'm always thankful for the rain but ... these storms scare me.