Friday, August 29, 2008

the randomness of it all...

1. this week flew by! that's a good thing, right?


2. in addition to going to the chesney/rimes
concert last weekend we stuffed/licked/stamped 2,000ish invites for the 2008spcafurball:
sneak peak at the invitation...a local artist did 4 paintings of animals from the spca which were used on the invites...each painting will be auctioned at the event

notice the furry helper?

ready for licking



it took less time than one would think.

3. here are some answers about the concert:

a) yes, it was great and yes, we went last year and the year before that as well
b) leann rimes was WAY better than i ever expected/imagined and her silver shoes were hot
c) i didn't take those pic - the husband's co-worker did...our seats were not so good


4. i ordered a necklace like pug posse! it came in last saturday and i've been wearing it practically every day:

these necklaces are really very nice and would make great gifts and the money goes to a good cause! please visit lissa's etsy shop to see more designs (if she doesn't have one listed, email her and she will make one for you).

5. along with being a wine snob and a cheese snob i have become a chocolate snob! this week i was in worldmarket and found some interesting chocolate bars (and they were only $1.99 each!)

the sea salt one is fabulous! tastes like a chocolate covered pretzel, only way better...and lest y'all freak out just know that it takes me about 2 weeks to eat ONE bar...i only allow myself 2 squares per day..

6. i succumbed to the peer pressure:


7. have a SUPER great long weekend! i plan to wear all my white shorts, capris and skirts before monday when, sadly i'll pack them away until next year...

~k

6 comments:

AM said...

You are so funny. Emma has a cute white skirt, I guess I'll need to pack it up too?

I dont think I'll ever get into those vampire books. I know a lot of yall like them, but I like fairly reality based books and I dont think I would mesh well with those.

That is a LOT of envelopes. I am so proud of yall for supporting a great cause.

Page said...

I was just at World Market yesterday and was checking out all the chocolate! I'm dying to try one of the spicy pepper bars, but didn't get any :( Maybe next time.
Oh, and I'm coming very close to succumbing to the peer pressure, too, and reading those books. Let me know what you think! Have a great long weekend!

Magnolia Sun said...

That's a ton of envelopes and they are so pretty. The chocolate looks wonderful, I would have to eat the whole bar! Enjoy your weekend.

♥PugPosse♥ said...

Wow that sure is a lot of licking!

I wear my necklace everyday too...I just ordered another one and it should be coming in the mail any day now it says the same saying but in a different style.

Mrs. D said...

Oh, you will have to let us know what you think of Twilight!

You are so good not to eat the chocolate all at once, must work on my willpower.

Pam said...

oo, I love some good choclate. I'll definitely have to check out those at World Market. I've not been there in forever.