Tuesday, July 8, 2008

tee ty, the squirrel hunter

hi everyone, tyler here...see my new 'spot'? this is where you can find me pretty much 23 hours per day...in this spot in the kitchen i have a perfect vantage point for my new obsession...

...although i have to admit that the hard floor isn't as comfy as my parent's bed or the sofa...but i gotta be here in order to wait for the squirrels...

see me down there in the corner of the picture? and see how i have a direct line of view of the kitchen bay window...but 'they' cannot see me down here on the floor...but i can sense them coming...smell them even...

oh boy! here one is!!! me and sophie are going to get it!!! the not so stupid squirrels have finally figured out how to get on the bird feeder that mommy had the daddy hang in the bay window...for years mommy has thought she outsmarted the squirrels...but at least one has outsmarted her!
i'm am SO going to get you, squirrel...i will climb this wicker settee or the window grid if i have to...and we all know that a window hasn't stopped me before...

the smart squirrel scoots along the deck stair railing and then leaps on the window ledge and then makes the final great leap to the top of the feeder...it makes the mommy mad...i find it hilarious...

oh daddy, i am *this* close to the squirrel...i can totally taste him...he tastes just like chicken
stupid sophie doesn't even know what to look at!
she finally figures it out!
then the daddy scares the squirrel away...i've got news for the mommy and the daddy: those squirrels eat on that feeder ALL the day long and i sit in the kitchen ALL the day long and watch and lunge at the window and lick my lips...
i'm going to get me a squirrel one day...yes i am!
~tyler, the squirrel hunter, esquire

6 comments:

rpm said...

Those two sure look calm while spying on that squirrel. That squirrel looks b-i-g.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

I like to hunt squirrels too!

Page said...

That is a big squirrel! Boo is our protector as well of the "wildlife" (meaning spiders in the house).

Magnolia Sun said...

Do they jump from the tree to the bird feeder? Nyla loves to chase them too.

Pam said...

Looks like that's a favorite spot in the house! Do any of them chirp when a squirrel is outside the window?

AM said...

aw, that's so nice that Chris picks him up to look out the window! I am sure he loves that.