Thursday, July 3, 2008

gifts...gifts...gifts

i got lots of gifts for my birthday last week:

'M' gave me a book i'd been wanting and a gift certificate to a nail salon

my aunt gave me a jim shore (?) cat


my neighbor gave me a 'carmen miranda' cat christmas ornament and an article on keeping chickens in the city...perhaps that means that she's okay with us getting chickens???

am sent a gift certificate to wine enthusiast...i'm going to get a wine aerator!

magnolia sun sent a cute card and a target gift card


pam knows i love me some starbucks!


one guess who this is from......


oh punchy, you are just too funny!


the box was FULL!
glass butterfly and cat pin
i hung this on the cat's door
and a neat platter that can be used for every holiday! punchy knows i love to decorate for all holidays...

rpm made a beautiful card and matching tissue paper...

which cleverly reflected what was inside: burt's bees products! one day she is going to be designing and selling cards and gift wrap and we can all say we knew her back when...

sophie was very intrigued by this box from norman's woman...she secretly hoped norman was in the box...

nope, no norman...but there was a giant squash and a present!

laurel burch kitty socks and a cute pair of earrings

i plan on wearing the earrings to the kenny chesney concert next month...our tickets arrived at the same time as norman's package...and the squash was delicious - we grilled it saturday nite with fresh herbs from our garden!

thank you all for the gifts, cards, emails and birthday wishes! i appreciate them all greatly!

~k




4 comments:

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Girl, you seriously scored!

Pam said...

goodness, you scored some serious loot!

Magnolia Sun said...

Wow you racked up! I'm so glad you had a great day.

rpm said...

Wow...those are all great gifts. I love Punchy's signature box taping jobs. You absolutely have to take a knife to the box to get it open. I love the squash idea!