Tuesday, May 20, 2008

random things from the weekend

i was rather disappointed that 2 of my favorite artists weren't at 'artsplosure' this year...but i did manage to find a neat steel garden kitty:


and a pair of turquoise colored earrings with red accent beads that were made from old antique jewelry parts:

the chicken coop group had t-shirts for sale and i HAD to get one...look at the little chicken at the bottom hem...it laid an egg!

we went to my parent's house saturday afternoon to get some brick pavers to work on a new plant bed along the back of the house and back in the woods with the pile of bricks i saw this old cast iron 'finial' that belongs to a friend of the family...they have several garden items stored back there (have for several years) and i decided to use it until they wanted it back:

i've received 2 cards from rpm in the past week! her designs are lovely...i really like the sympathy card:

i've gotten several orders for 'pixie stick's so i've been working on them since the beach...here are four from my 'fantasy garden series' ready for delivery:



i need to do 2 more garden creatures and 2 more seashore creatures and then i will have my entire set done and put on etsy for sale...

private post coming soon....

~k

6 comments:

Pam said...

I'm loving those pixie sticks, especially the dragonfly one.

You got some cool oot at the show. The earrings are really pretty and that shirt is too cute.

rpm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rpm said...

That was me up above...something crazy happened.

I really like thos earrings..neat idea on those. I love your sticks. The colors are so pretty. Thanks for the compliment on the cards...it's so fun to have a craft to enjoy. Lots more to learn for me.

Punchbugpug said...

Nice craft finds! Love the tshirt...haha...heh, we had a chicken coop here when we first moved back in 1987...wish I had known you wanted chickens, although it was a tad big to move!!!! By the way, all chickens are not friendly!

Punchbugpug said...

oh...and I love the pixie sticks!!!

Magnolia Sun said...

I love the earrings and that shirt is so cute. Your doing great on the pixie sticks too.