Friday, May 23, 2008

pumpkin muffins for page

i made a batch of these pumpkin muffins back at the beach and page asked for the recipe so here it is...i'm making a dozen of these to freeze this weekend along with a double batch of banana bread and a loaf of strawberry bread...i've never made strawberry bread before but have a bunch of strawberries that i need to do something with soon...i'll let y'all know if it turns out

cranberry white chocolate chip pumpkin muffins

1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour (must be pastry, not just whole wheat)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon*
¼ tsp allspice
¼ tsp salt
pinch of nutmeg
2 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
½ cup applesauce
1 cup dried cranberries
½ to 1 cup white chocolate chips


in a large bowl mix all dry ingredients. add eggs, pumpkin and applesauce and stir until mixed. fold in cranberries and chocolate chips. put in greased or cupcake liner lined muffin pan and bake 20-25 minutes at 350 until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. let cool a bit before eating or cool completely and freeze.

*regarding cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg…sometimes i experiment and put pumpkin pie spice or cloves, etc. you can put whatever spices you have/like/prefer.

have a great long extended holiday weekend!

~k

6 comments:

Page said...

Thanks for the recipe! I am so excited to try these out since I LOVE pumpkin. That strawberry bread sounds good as well...can't wait to hear how that turns out!

AM said...

mm, those sound good. That reminds me I have two boxes of Pumpkin bread mix in the cabinet. :)

Do you have big Memorial Day plans?

AHH!! Need to put up my banner!!

Pam said...

Those sound really yummy!

I defintely want to hear about this strawberry bread. I've never made any either but the thought makes me think I could probably eat an entire loaf in one sitting.

Magnolia Sun said...

Those sound really good, I bet the strawberry bread will be good too.

Swampgirl said...

We just ate our last frozen loaf of pumpkin bread so I'll try your recipe this time. Mine is much the same but yours has cranberries! The strawberry bread sounds very interesting -and I have one child who LOVES strawberries! Can't wait to see how that works out!

Page said...

Made the muffins! They are so good. Rob took one bite and said "Wow". Always a good response. And they are easy to make! BTW, I couldn't find whole wheat pastry flour, so I did just use whole wheat and it came out great.