Monday, April 14, 2008

weekend update ~ the garden version

part I of our weekend: the yard...we spent as much time outside last weekend as we could enjoying the warm weather (click on any picture to enlarge)
new yard art, purchased last week

not as cool as punchy's but i suppose it will do


future site of herbs (some have actually started to grow back already)

future site of the husband's tomatoes and peppers (pay no attention to the pitiful, sad, rusty cafe chair)


new garden flag and another pot


tyler got to enjoy the fresh air for 1.5 seconds

the husband is all into birds...we have a nest with 6 eggs right now...maybe we will be 'parent's by the end of the week


squirrel & dove eating corn and sunflower seeds

a petite downy woodpecker

weekend crafts & food coming soon...

~k

11 comments:

Pam said...

We had a bird build a nest above the downspount under our porch at our old house one Spring. I had the best time watching her sit on the nest, the babies hatching, her feeding them. It was so sweet. We were just tqlking about that bird (we named her Dorthy) this weekend.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

I love that picket fence. I want to see more yard pictures!

AM said...

Those are great bird pictures. I love your little wooden fence and gate. And that artwork thingy is so cute.

rpm said...

Maybe Tyler would like to sit out there and watch the birds?? I like the snake..and Punchy's snakes are special!

Tam said...

I wanted to stop by and say that I love YOUR Banners at the ETSY! The Happy Birthday for Little girls is great~! Awesome!

girlville said...

tam, thanks for the kind words and stopping by my blog! that is a special banner. i'm tempted to use it for my 'very special' birthday coming up soon;-)

Punchbugpug said...

Hmmmm, those trivets hold a lot of wine corks...who is drinking all that wine?????

I love those flowers and I'm going to get myself one. Tell you what you drive half way and I'll drive halfway....hahaha, I'll bring a snake or two!

Page said...

Your yard looks great! I really love that pic of Tyler as well.

Magnolia Sun said...

The yard looks really nice. My inlaws have a birds nest in their garage with little babies in it.

Sarah G. said...

Where did you get that adorable snake?? Okay...I have to say that there is NOTHING remotely adorable about a snake, but that one is cute.

Very nice yard!!

girlville said...

sarah, i got the snake at 'tuesday morning'. i've so far gotten a lady bug, snake and lizard. if you really want one, i could ship it to you. they had lots last week.