Tuesday, March 25, 2008

weekend update ~ part 2, cupcakes & crafts

the easter cupcakes: lemonade with lemon cream cheese frosting...i used my microplane grater...run get one now (the zester i mean, the cupcakes are all mine)!

sophie briefly contemplated a career as an artist...


but later changed her mind and decided to simply take a (sun)bath


for kicks i painted this little seahorse...going to list on etsy today


finished sarah's canvas that she won as being my blog's 10,000th visitor...this is just a speck of it...you'll have to see the rest when she reveals it on her blog...

finished and delivered co-worker's nursery canvas...see that little 'frame' around the monogram section...that took some tedious work by both me and the husband



decided my paints were taking over the earth...so i designed a paint box and the husband made it in about 24 hours using nothing but scrap wood


i love it when he uses scraps to make something

the husband also cut out this flower that co-worker wants to hang in her nursery...it's going to be painted all girlie and have a cute phrase in the center


since i didn't do enough already, i decided to start this little wooden sign...it's going to say 'welcome'...

it was a great long weekend, we also did some yard work on saturday and got the side yard ready for planting some vegetables and herbs and rearranged some of the art out there...the cafe set needs repainting...as soon as the weather warms up we can start having dinner outside again...

~k

11 comments:

AM said...

Wow, you did work on a lot. I was sooo confused by the Welcome sign that is missing letters until I read what it is suppose to say. :)

That seahorse is adorable! And good work to your husband for creating the box for your paints.

AM said...

Oh, and send me or post the recipe for those cupcakes and icing. That sounds very good and different.

Page said...

Yum to the cupcakes and beautiful work on the signs. You are so talented!

Mrs. D said...

I'm tired from all your weekend crafting. Think I need a nap now.

Magnolia Sun said...

I want that cupcake! I love the paint box he made you, you could use that for lots of different things. Sounds like a very busy weekend.

rpm said...

Wow, you do such great work. I love the seahorse and the sparkles on it and can't wait to see Sarah's canvas. And I clicked on the picture of the canvas for your coworker and now I see what you are talking about is so difficult...that's lots of tedious lining up! I love all the ribbon you have stacked up on the craft desk. I have a thing for ribbon... I think you could start your hubby in the business of making the ribbon spooler thingy and the paint box holder and put them up on etsy, too.

Pam said...

I love the paint box...very cool.

Punchbugpug said...

I didn't realize how big the flower was at first...so cool. I too wondered what the sign said..duh. Your paintbox is very nice indeed. I am currently using a plastic storage box...oh well.

Sarah G. said...

I can't wait to see it too! That was such a tease. Hee hee. :-) I'll definitely post lots of pictures as soon as I get it!! I can't WAIT!!

Girlville, I can't thank you enough!

Wendy said...

Well...aren't you and the hubby the perfect match:) Beautiful work and yummy cupcakes!!

Shannon said...

LOVE the seahorse! I love seahorses and am decorating the guest bathroom in a beachy seahorsey mermaidy theme. He would look so cute there!