Tuesday, March 11, 2008

this & that...plus a very special surprise

last nite was the second evening of extra daylight...so what did i do with my extra hour...took a nap! yep, i fell asleep watching the news (easily done, no?) for about 20 minutes...after my power nap i worked some more on the HUGE nursery canvas i'm doing for my co-worker:


progress...slow but sure
since i was busy painting, sophie decided to help me out with the laundry (left over from the weekend):

and here is more of our easter decor:

cross on the pantry door

bunny hiding on window sill

easter banner hanging in bay window

last friday this blog hit a milestone...the 10,000th person visited! and it appears that person was....sarah...woohoo sarah, it's your lucky day...for being the 10,000th visitor you win your choice of any banner currently in my etsy shop (or you can wait and get a july 4th banner which will be available very soon) or a monogram canvas...just email me and let me know what you chose...congrats and thanks to all for visiting my blog.

~k

13 comments:

Pam said...

Hey, what a great giveaway! Congrats Sarah!

LOL at Sophie! She likes those warm clothes.

Loving my Easter banner you made. I have it on my mantal and it looks great.

Magnolia Sun said...

I can't wait to see the canvas. Congrats to Sarah, what a great idea. Of course I love all your Easter decor.

Sarah G. said...

OMG!!! I NEVER win anything! This is the best day EVER! Now I have to decide what I want. I can't even believe it!!

THANKS so much for doing this. You're the best!! And how exciting to have so many visitors!!

AM said...

It's so exciting to see the progress on that giant canvas! Cant wait to see what else you do to it. Very cool design. Would love to see pictures of her nursery when all is done.

So excited about my Easter Banner! Wish I had decided sooner, but no matter. I'm eager for Emma to see it up and start discussing the Easter Bunny with her.

I'll def. be wanting a Halloween one too, so you start thinking on it.

girlville said...

am: is emma going to see the easter bunny? i was always terrified of him! the good thing about these banners is they are reusable year after year...very ecofriendly ;-)

the husband said...

Dang K, the least you could have done was take out my hula girl boxers before you put that pic up for the world to see. ;-)

girlville said...

dear husband: no one knew what they were until you went and spilled the beans...you only have yourself to blame now.

Mrs. D said...

I just love the monogramed canvas. One day when I have a scrapbooking room I need some with my initials!

AM said...

Gotta go back and look for hula girl boxers. thanks for the heads up K's husband! ;)

No, Emma will not go see the Easter bunny but we might get her a book about the easter bunny from target. Or a little movie. They have a cheap one at Target that has something to do with the Easter Bunny.

AM said...

Whites and colors together in the dryer! Oh my! My bleach freak side wants to take the whites away...

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

What a nice surprise for Sarah!

Page said...

Congrats on having 10,000 hits!! BTW, I must admit that I IMMEDIATELY recognized those as boxers cause Rob has some just like it!! To The Husband: Don't feel bad...Rob proudly sports the beer mug boxers, penguin boxers, butterfly boxers, and the list goes on....thanks to The Gap!
Oh, and I love the Easter decorations...I have got to get more festive after Christmas is over! I tend to only decorate between October and December.

rpm said...

Yea to Sarah for hitting the winning number. That is so funny that the husband told on his boxers. Now when we see him, we might wonder who he's wearing?? I love that canvas colors you are working on...can't wait to see it. Sophie has the most dangerous seat in the house!