Wednesday, March 19, 2008

everybody's doing it...

I got this movie meme from Norman who got it from Shanny.

Here are the rules:

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie. yeah, i don't know the html stuff so there will be no strike thru...i'll turn them to green, ok???
5. No Googling or IMDb-ing. That’s cheating and that’s no fun.

Here's my list:

1. You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-you-are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness." You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself. correctly guessed by pam, from breakfast at tiffanys

2. Don't look at me like that! You aren't the only one who's trapped, they expect me to cook it again! I mean, I'm not ambitious, I wasn't trying to cook, I was just trying to stay out of trouble! You're the one gettin' fancy with the spices! What'd you throw in there, Oregano? correctly guessed by norman's woman (or maybe norman himself), from ratatouille.

3. Sticks and stones, love. I saved your life, you saved mine. We're square. correctly answered by 'M', from pirates of the carribean: curse of the black pearl

4. Amazing tradition. They throw a great party for you on the one day they know you can't come. correctly guessed by pam, from the big chill

5. There's two kinds of people in this world, there's winners and there's losers. Okay, you know what the difference is? Winners don't give up. correctly guessed by anonymous, from little miss sunshine

6. I want a guy who can play 36 holes of golf, and still have enough energy to take Warren and me to a baseball game, and eat sausages, and beer, not lite beer, but beer. That's my ad, print it up. correctly guessed by Mrs. D, from there's something about mary.

7. One minute you're defending the whole galaxy, and, suddenly, you find yourself sucking down Darjeeling with... Marie Antoinette and her little sister. correctly identified by roxy, from toy story.

8. I don't want your water breaking. We just had the upholstery cleaned. correctly guessed by anonymous, from junebug

9. If you just learn a single trick, Scout, you'll get along a lot better with all kinds of folks. You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it. correctly guessed by the husband, from to kill a mockingbird.

10. You make $100 an hour and you have a safety pin holding your boot up? correctly guessed by AM, from pretty woman!

good luck!

~k

19 comments:

AM said...

Pretty Woman! #10!

the husband said...

9. To Kill a Mockingbird

rpm said...

good grief this is hard..reading through them, I don't recognize anything!

"M" said...

#3 - Pirates of the Caribbean!

Pam said...

#1 Breakfast at Tiffany's. #6 sounds really familar but I can't place it. Oh and I agree with "M" on #3.

Mrs. D said...

#6 is from "Something About Mary"!

Mrs. D said...

meant to type "There's Something About Mary". : )

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

#2 is Ratatouille!! Or however you spell it :)

AM said...

There's SOmething About Mary is one of your favorites? I dont feel like I know you at all anymore...

I bet you like Dumb and Dumber too, dont you?

girlville said...

as a matter of fact i DO think dumb and dumber is hysterical.

Pam said...

That was it....There's Something About Mary. I knew #6 sounded familar.

I was working on a list after I saw Norman posting about this meme. It's hard for me to narrow it down to 10 movies though.

Magnolia Sun said...

Wow those are hard, the only one I would have gotten was Pretty Woman. No guesses on the others.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Is #4 Grumpy Old Men?

Shannon said...

GAH!!! These sound so familiar but I can't place them. #4 I swear is a book that got turned into a movie. It's gonna drive me nuts!

p.s. html is strike /strike with < > around it
to cross stuff out.

Blogger won't let me post the actual code in the comments

girlville said...

norman, no it's not 'grumpy old men'. it was made 10 years before 'grumpy old men' and also has 3 words in it's title.

shannon, to my knowledge #4 was not based on a book. thanks for the code assistance!

The Devil Dog said...

Ack, mom feels real dumb, she can't guess any of these. The defending the galaxy one is driving her nuts.

I made mom do this. You should look at ours later.

Roxy

AM said...

#8 Steel Magnolias?

girlville said...

am, nope...#8 is NOT steel magnolias. steel magnolias is not on the list at all.

Sarah G. said...

That looks like so much fun! I might have to do this on my blog!!