Monday, February 4, 2008

weekend update

where did the weekend go? i started out with good intentions...i had my weekend craft challenge projects all figured out and even went to the fabric store for more supplies at lunch on friday:

future easter banners
...after escaping early from work i planned out our weekly grocery excursion and our bi-monthly traderjoez trip (for saturday morning)...the husband came home late (grrr) so we were late going to the grocery (at least it wasn't crowded any more) and late eating dinner - ricotta and pesto ravioli with red sauce and baguette with dipping oils...i went to bed early to be well rested for my projects and house cleaning and crack of dawn traderjoez outing...

...saturday nite we had tickets to a concert downtown to the same place we saw 'high school musical' on wednesday nite (well another smaller concert hall at the same venue) to see the del mccoury band...they play bluegrass...and i am not ashamed to admit i love it (i like all kinds of music, currently i want to go see kid rock and van halen)...this is the second time we've seen them play...

i should have taken a picture of the husband's ticket since he had del sign it after the concert...but i left it at home this morning along with my coffee, cell phone, bagel and apparently my brain as well.
here's a video of my all time favorite del mccoury song...(then as a bonus is my second all time favorite song, it's gospel)...even if you don't like bluegrass please listen for a bit and see what you think...this was filmed at the ryman auditorium in nashville...and the song is about a motorcycle...

...sunday i made tacos for dinner and watched about 5 minutes of the superbowl before heading to bed...i finished exactly zero of my weekend craft challenge projects!
~k

6 comments:

AM said...

I would love that concert, and my Father in Law would GO CRAZY. He love loves loves that kind of music. Hmm. His birthday is next week, I'll have to see if anything like that will be around here.

Glad you guys got to get out! Two events in one week! WOW! That's a lot to live up to! What's next?

And you look very much like your mother. :)

mrandmrsd said...

It sounds like you had a busy weekend. I too wonder where the weekends go??

Pam said...

You look quite a bit like your mom! It sounds like you had a busy weekend. I really lov ethe Easter material you've picked out.

You'll have to get to the Ryman sometime if you visit Nashville. It's really neat inside.

Kim said...

Boo! I've tagged you in a meme :)

Wendy said...

I LOVE the old photos:) I have so many of my family and I can't wait to do a scrapbook with all of them. Hopefully things will settle down next weekend so you can get to work on your Easter banners.

♥PugPosse♥ said...

Busy Gal! I Love the Photos!