Thursday, February 28, 2008

so many books...

yesterday was a big book day for me...at lunch i went out and got the new mary kay andrews book to take to the reading tonite (i'm so excited!!!) (see the extra one for rpm??) and the new sophie kinsella book...then 'M' gave me 4 books to read last nite...i have to read the nicholas sparks book for a new book club that 'M' and another girl are starting...first meeting is in march...i've never been in a book club before...so many books, so little time...i need to get to reading!

so what's the 'special fund' i'm starting with my etsy shop, banner making, etc. money??? AM thought it started with a 'D'...which could either stand for 'dog' or 'disney'...but no, it's neither of those...it's for braces! yep, both the husband and i are getting braces...he got his installed last monday...i got spacers yesterday...and no, they don't hurt at all...we both will have braces only on our bottom teeth at first and then the top teeth...they will be clear braces...the husband has had braces before but his bottom teeth have gotten all crooked so we are fixing them for good this time...i'm getting them to correct my bite and thus (hopefully) end my pain from tmj...as a bonus i will have straighter teeth with no spacing...the entire process will take about 12-18 months...



'the money pit'
see the blue spacers???
i get the lower braces on next thursday...so far i have $85 in my braces fund, LOL!
~k

8 comments:

Page said...

They have come a long way with braces...you can't even tell most people have them anymore! But, I still think you should get a dog (pug)!

AM said...

I think you should let your blog friends vote what the fund is for. :) I think I know what we will all vote on. :)


The stack of books looks so pretty. Seriously, just pretty colors. :) I just read A Bend in The Road. Well, in January. Have fun tonight at the reading! I know Sandy's excited to get her prize!

Wendy said...

I love to read and have been trying to find more time:) I have been catching up on Jodi Picoults books. Michael and I both need braces, but we figure that we will get the kids first then us! Some day:)

Pam said...

Ah...books! I forgot that the new Mary Kay Andrews one came out this week. I'm anxious to hear all about the reading. I also saw that the new Kinsella book came out (I still need to finish the Shopaholic series). Did you know that they are going to make a Shopaholic movie?

I didn't realize the husband was getting braces too. 12-18 months isn't bad at all. I have to wear mine for 2 1/2 years.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Eeek. Braces don't sound fun. Woman had them, and she said they hurt like an SOB, but she was a kid and probably melodramatic :P

rpm said...

That's great news that you are using your proceeds for your braces. Good luck to you and your husband! I can't wait to get my extra special copy of MK Andrews book! I've been so busy that I can only read one or two pages of a book when I get in bed at night. I bet being in "M's" book club will be fun!

Magnolia Sun said...

You better get busy on that fund! I can't even remember how much Cole's was and Shane still has his own.

♥PugPosse♥ said...

Both my girls are in braces....I remember they hated the spacers. it felt like food stuck between their teeth...so far I have $5,ooo in Tori's Mouth alone...(sighhhh) yiyiyi....we don't have dentle insurance can you even believe it? at least we have AWESOME medical insurance...