Wednesday, January 2, 2008

a very late birthday present

i went to the mall this past sunday with a pocket full of gift cards...one from crate+barrel i'd had since my birthday! i got this cake stand and a microplane zester (no pic, sorry)from there:

...now i need to bake a cake! it was fun to go to the mall and get things without spending any money...i like getting gift cards...

this weekend i plan on taking down all the christmas decorations and putting up valentine's...here are some of the things i've already gathered: a couple of y'all asked if i liked the movie waitress...yes! it was really a great movie. andy griffith is in it and deserves an oscar nomination for his supporting role...the movie's writer and director, who also played one of the main characters, was unfortunately murdered in her home shortly after the movie was filmed leaving behind a husband and young daughter...there is a lovely tribute to her given by the other actors in the bonus footage on the dvd...it's worth watching.

tomorrow i'll give the run down of our christmas celebrations...nothing exciting so don't lose any sleep...

~k

ps: staying true to the old wives tale, it did indeed snow today for approximately 37 seconds...had i not seen it with my own eyes i wouldn't have believed it...the next time it thunders this winter i would prefer a least a foot...do you hear that winter?

3 comments:

rpm said...

Gift cards are nice!! I like the Valentine things you have there. Snow!!! I've lived here 20 years and have seen it once stick to the ground. I can't remember if I've seen it in the air and then it disappeared??

Punchbugpug said...

Nice cake stand. It needs a cake. Send cake soon! LOL

I started taking down the Christmas stuff last night. Those Nutcrackers were haunting me in the kitchen!

I have been thinking of pulling out the Valentine's stuff too.

Magnolia Sun said...

Very pretty cake plate. I'm so glad you got to see a little snow, I think I've had my fill for quite a while!