Wednesday, June 6, 2007

wednesday house tour - behind closed doors

last week rpm commented that my bathroom was SO clean and shiny and sparkly, etc...well, let me fill you in on a little secret ~ when a room is up for 'wednesday house tour' it is first scrubbed to within an inch of it's life and then quickly photographed before anything goes awry! our house isn't always clean, shiny, sparkly...in fact, it rarely is.

this week was supposed to be the master bedroom closets tour...the husband's closet was 'ready for it's closeup' but mine...a whole 'nother story. there are shoes all over the floor, jewelry all over the chest of drawers, clothes hanging from the chandelier...well not really but you get the idea. so this week there will be no viewing of the closets...however, i've decided to give you a behind the scenes look at some of the other closets/pantries/etc. in our little home...just so you will see that it ain't always neat and pretty...

first up is the pantry in the kitchen...and yep, that's the microwave in there...the husband wired an electrical outlet in for me and i stuck it in there cause counter space is a valuable commodity around here...that and i wasn't about to go and cover up the granite we had just installed with a microwave!

below is our one and only closet downstairs...a coat closet i guess one could call it...but we've got all manner of junk stuffed in it including squirrel food and the paper recycling bin (and coats).

by special request from alfred's mom, here is our refrigerator...i asked to see hers awhile back, so turnabout is fair play...admittedly we 'tidied' it up a bit before i snapped this shot.

next is the antique wardrobe thingie that's in our breakfast nook...it holds all of our fiestaware dishes, everyday wine glasses, coffee maker, extra dishtowels, the topper from my parent's wedding cake (why?), a pillsbury doughboy doll that i've had longer than i can remember (again, why?) and serves as overflow wine storage!

moving right along, we are now upstairs in the master bath in the linen closet...the guest bath doesn't have a linen closet...i think we have too much stuff...

this is a teenie tiny closet in the upstairs hall...i think the only reason it's there is so you can get access to the tub in the guest bath if need be...as you can see we have all sorts of stuff in here from flower vases to extra paint and cleaning supplies...it's safe to say that storage is lacking in our house...but we try to make do.

i hope, hope, hope that i can get myself in gear to get either our bedroom or our closets (ok, MY closet) cleaned to within an inch of either of their lives so that next wednesday's tour will be way more interesting...but again, i can make no promises...

~k

5 comments:

Magnolia Sun said...

I like your dish closet?? very neat. All your other closets are pretty neat too. It's hard to have food organized when you have to stack and put it behind other things. I almost took a picture of the inside of our frig last night. I would love to have a closet in my bathroom - one day.

rpm said...

Oh my goodness!!! You are very neat. You and Magnolia Sun and Lisa are related! If you picked friends based on neatness...you wouldn't pick me! Looks like a party happening on one of those shelves in the fridgerator door! I like the things between your Fiestaware to keep them from scratching. I see Williams Sonoma dishtowels in there! I have some and they last forever. King Arthur flour?? Do you see a difference in King Arthur flour and regular grocery flour? I try to buy King Arthur, too, when I can find it in the store here.

***Willow&Belle's Mom*** said...

Hey! I think we have the SAME FRIDGE! is yours a GE and in Stainless Steal?
I see margarita MIX! Whoa Hoo!

AM said...

Wow! That WAS you that asked to see my fridge! too funny. We have a sidebyside fridge too, but I like the way yours is set up better. I wonder if we could change ours? I like your half shelf above the wine/milk b/c I can NEver get back to that stuff. And I like your soda holder. Hmm. You think I can get a half shelf and soda holder somewhere?

AM said...

oh, what is that egg nogg stuff??? And you never answered my questions about your bathroom....