Friday, June 1, 2007

is it june already? -edited

happy hurricane season, everyone! i cannot believe that it's already june...seems just yesterday i was decorating the house for christmas...

i watched 'the starter wife' last nite on usa network...i think it's ok...i'll watch the rest of the mini-series...but i bet the book is WAY better...at least it gives me something new to watch for a few weeks...

this weekend we will be doing our normal grocery shopping/house cleaning/laundry routine and going to visit 'M' some while she is recuperating and getting ready for surgery again...she wants to go to a 'new to us' farmer's market on saturday morning, so that should be fun...i hope they have lots of vegetables and fruit, i'm so ready for some blueberries that don't cost an arm and a leg! the goat cheese lady that is at the wednesday farmer's market downtown will be there...

aside from those thrilling adventures i want to finish reading the book i've been reading since early may...start a new book...and finish a couple of super secret projects that will be revealed later in the month...

have a great weekend and if it's raining where you are, please send some this way...my grass is getting crunchy...

~k

edited....i forgot that we have to go to target because on monday i broke the carafe of our coffee maker and last nite while i was ironing, the iron just broke! literally it worked one minute and then it just stopped! i just finished reading 'the book that took forever to read' so yippee (review to come later)...i also have a hankering to bake cupcakes this weekend...we shall see if that comes to fruition...

7 comments:

AM said...

Your farmer's markets sound way better than ours. We have a great one with lots of diverse produce but never any cheeses or breads...

Magnolia Sun said...

I dvr'd the Starter Wife, I'm with you there is nothing on TV right now. I'm a Big Brother junkie so I can't wait until that starts.

Hope M is feeling OK. Enjoy your weekend.

Pam said...

I hear you on the rain. We have small chances all weekend so hopefully we will get something. If so, I'll get the fans out and blow it over in your direction ;).
I TiVoed Starter Wife to watch tomorrow. Have a great weekend and I hope M is doing ok.

rpm said...

I liked the Starter Wife! I'm glad to have something new to watch. I also like to watch Big Brother in the summer. We had a bit of rain the other day but we always seem so dry here in the summer. I always get sick feeling this time of year when those hurricanes march across the Atlantic...bad bad feeling. Our homeowner's insurance just went up $5,000 more this year to $8,000 a year.

Lola's *mom* said...

Hope you have a good weekend!

Sarah said...

Hey Girlville!! Thanks so much for the post on my blog!! I left you a comment there. I'm faily new at blogging so you are my first post from someone I don't know. WOOHOO!!

After visiting your awesome state, I totally know what you mean about crunchy grass. The sis/bro in law told us it hasn't rained in months. Things were starting to look a little brown! Oh well, NC is still beautiful. (I've wanted to live in NC for a LONG time, and I am trying to convince the hubby that it would be a good move)

Have a great weekend! I look forward to reading more on your blog!!!

rpm said...

Hello to the cupcakes...show them to us Monday if you do!