Thursday, June 14, 2007

inquiring minds wanted to know...

today i'm going to answer some of y'all's questions...but first here is my sweet baby kitty, tyler, in the entertainment center this morning...he's been very frisky lately: chasing kady, sparring with charlie, waking me up at 3:30am wanting to get in the linen closet, stuff like that. we love him, i think we will keep him awhile longer!

ok, on with the Q&A:
  • AM asked if the letters above our bed spelled 'kady'...well that's a good question! no, the letters are our monogram...i got lucky and found them at tjmaxx cause the ones at potterybarn are just too $$. but, the ones at tjmaxx were goldleaf and everything in our bedroom is silver toned. i'm a nut about not mixing gold and silver so i got some rub 'n buff in silver and applied it to them.
  • rpm asked when M was coming home from the hospital...i'm happy to report she came home tuesday and she is doing great.
  • sarah and her 'anonymous' mom asked if i liked the book 'something borrowed' that i was reading...in fact, i just stayed up way past my bedtime last nite to finish reading it and it was GREAT! i loved it and am going to rush out and get the other 2 books by emily giffin as soon as i can. also sarah's mom, i have read 'fortune's rocks 'by anita shreve and it's really good so i'm going to take your suggestion and look into her latest 'body surfing' - thanks!
  • pam and AM questioned the wall color in the master bedroom...it's an alexander julian at home color from lowe's...the collection is 'cranberry marshes of cape cod' and the color is 'lobster - AJ316'...it took only 2 coats - believe it or not!
  • AM asked what the thing plugged in beside the cat hammock was...it's a CO detector...cause i'm all freaky about CO poisoning since it's odorless and colorless...
  • rpm asked if the cats play with the stuffed animals on the bed...no they don't...hmmm, i wonder why?

thanks for all of your questions!

~k

7 comments:

rpm said...

I'm so glad M is doing well. Now, I see you have two books by Scott Nicholson next to Tyler. How do you like his books? I read The Manor by him and thought it was pretty good. I am really scared of scary things and get spooked easily so I don't tend to watch movies or buy books that are scary. But I have wanted to read another of his books. What do you suggest?

girlville said...

rpm, i should have said those books beside tyler are the husband's...he reads all that scary/mystery/legal stuff...perhaps he will answer your question though!

Magnolia Sun said...

I'll have to look for that book, something borrowed. I'll have to also remember to ask you some questions - forgot about you posting answers today.

AM said...

Yeah! Thanks for answering all the questions! That's amazing that it only took 2 coats for that dark color.
I didnt know you could get plug in CO detectors. Cool.

the husband said...

rpm - That is my "to be read" stack. It's actually the secondary "to be read" stack, the primary (all legal thrillers) is on the other side of the entertainment center. I've only read 1 of Nicholson's books: "The Red Church" which I found to be a good read. My brother-in-law is a writer and knows Scott which is how I've ended up reading his books.

rpm said...

Girlville husband...thank you for letting me know. Maybe K can give us some updates on what you are reading, too, if you like the books. I know that Scott Nicholson is from the Boone area, I think. What type of books does your BIL write?

the husband said...

rpm - I'm currently wrapped up in reading John Lescroart and the Dismas Hardy series. I love legal thrillers. LOVE them. BIL writes science fiction type stuff which isn't my cup of tea.