Wednesday, June 27, 2007

HaPpY birthday

...to me...and to little emma over at alfredsmom's blog who turns the BIG one today!!!!

for my birthday treats at the office i got up at SIX am!!!! to make a blueberry pastry like rpm did a few days ago...the only change i made was to add a little lemon juice and zest...i also fully intended to make a little glaze for it out of lemon juice, zest and confectioner's sugar...but i ran out of time...everyone LOVED it (yes, it's 8:31am and there is only 1 piece left). i also made sausage cheese muffins outta southern living magazine (very, very good) and brought a bowl of fresh fruit and some orange juice...phew, i'm glad it ain't my birthday again for another year...getting up at 6am to cook is for the birds!

wednesday house tour post is below...

~k

5 comments:

Pam said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have an awesome day.

Magnolia Sun said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear K Happy Birthday to you!!! Enjoy your day.

rpm said...

Happy Birthday to you!! Your food itmes sound so very good...wish I worked at your office today!

Bee said...

Hi! I came over from Sarah's blog and let me just say I wish I worked in your office!
Happy Birthday!

Sarah G. said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I bet your b-day was wonderful...but what kind of place makes you bring stuff on your own b-day?? Those sausage, cheese muffins sound awesome...my mouth is watering. The blueberry pastry also sounds incredible. Man...can I pay you to come cook for me?? It's kind of a long ways away, but I'd be really grateful!! Or maybe you can start doing cooking lessons for all your readers. :-)