Thursday, June 21, 2007

the birthday fairy came early!

when i got home late last nite from the bead store class i found this waiting for me:

the husband couldn't wait until my birthday (the 27th) to give it to me! he's the bomb! and this was a great way to kick off my 'birthday week'. now i gotta figure out how to use it...i may need to take a photography course or buy a book.

on the other hand, the class didn't go so well...it was a 'button ring' making class and i pretty much sucked at it...it was HARD! working with the wire felt all awkward and my rings turned out wonky. i had to cut 2 apart and re-do them! here's the results of my 2 hour class..i don't know if i'm going to add ring making to my repertoire:

keep in mind i staged them for this photo...objects in picture may look worse in real life!!

does this mean tyler didn't think i should wear my camo shorts to the store???

there will be multiple posts today and posting this weekend so stay tuned.......

~k

3 comments:

Pam said...

NICE camera!!! Your birthday is the same day as my nephew, although we are celebrating this weekend. =)
I really like those rings. Great idea too..I have a tin of old buttons that I use to "play" with at my grandmother's house when I'd visit (I thought they were neat and I'd sting them on thread for fun). Anyway, I ended up with the tin and have been searching for fun ideas to do with the buttons.

AM said...

Wow! I dont know anything about that camera, so I am excited to see your pictures and hear what you think! Looks NICE! MUltiple posts? VEry intrigued.

rpm said...

OH my goodness...what a nice camera. 15x zoom!!! I can't wait to see the pictures you take with it. I guess taking photograph classes might be in the future??

The rings look very nice. It doesn't look like there's anything wrong with them. I think it would be nice if you make rings with the glass beads! do they make them like that with the glass beads?

I have a feeling that Tyler will sit on whatever soft object is available.