Saturday, May 12, 2007

so far this saturday...

sophie declared it lounge late in bed day as it was drizzling rain when we woke up....so we put off going to home depot for a bit...

last nite THE chair came home! the upholstery guy had to do a lot of work on it as the springs were pretty much sprung and what not...so the legs that the husband had painted so nicely for me were rather banged up...hence the chair did not want her picture made last nite...so the husband re-painted the legs and they dried overnite...i think perhaps someone has already laid claim to it...


she is still up on blocks until her legs are completely dry...

here's a close up of the skirt i decided i wanted it to have...i a beyond thrilled with how it turned out!

i made a little tulle skirt for the niece this morning...i'm not totally happy with it as i wanted it to be lots fuller....but it was very easy and i will make the next one very poofy. she likes to play dress up...i suspect she will want to wear this out in public...


...then the sun came out and we were off to home depot where i proceeded to buy all the flowers they had...
it's high time i got our yard in ship shape cause currently it looks very, very bad.

later...

~k

5 comments:

Pam said...

I desperately need to get to Home Depot to get flowers. It's on my agenda for next Saturday so I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't rain.

LOVE how the chair turned out.

rpm said...

The chair looks absolutely beautiful. I love the fabric and the style of the chair and the shirt...just everything. And Sophie look great up in that chair...like it was made just for her to look good in. I like the splash of different color that the legs give it. Good job.

Lola's *mom* said...

That is such a cute chair! I love it!!

Magnolia Sun said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the chair. I'm sure it was worth the wait, I love the pink legs too.

The skirt is very cute too, I'm sure she will have so much fun playing in it. I remember dressing up for hours in my mom's old dresses.

Good luck with planting.

AM said...

That skirt is SOO pretty. Perhaps I can ask you nicely in a few years to make Emma one? :)

Love the chair! Really turned out great! Is reupholstery exspensive?