Monday, May 28, 2007

blissful weekend with a bittersweet end...

we had a great holiday weekend and got everything done we had planned!

friday we got out of work early (unexpected yippee!) and then met 'M' at the on the border restaurant - it was very very crowded with a long wait but we were fortunate to snag a table at the bar...the food was good, the margaritas not so much but we will be going back...afterwards we headed to her place to finish the padded headboard as she was having overnite guest arriving today...we also got to feed the geese! suffice it to say that now, every time someone goes outside...they come a running! the babies have gotten HUGE! they were tiny little things when she moved in...
above is the 'daddy' and his four babies...he hissed at us like a snake...and he chased off any other adults who were trying to get some bread...

'M' has been painting flower pots lately...here is her tower of flowers...

saturday morning we went to trader joe's and got loads of stuff and then hi-tailed it to north hills for lunch and 'pirates'...five guys had just opened when we got there so we were in and out in a jiffy....we ate outside...


and then headed inside to the movie...see, five guys is right there at the theaters...i was very surprised that there weren't many people at the movie...it was the noon showing and there were maybe 50 people in the theater??? anyhoo, the movie was great! much better than the second one but not as good as the first...and if you haven't been yet but are planning to go...sit thru ALL of the credits (and yes, there are about a million of them...) cause there is an extra scene after them...
after the movie we walked around north hills and checked out some stores...i got my engagement ring cleaned at the store it came from, 'M' got a cast iron/enamel pot (like a le creuset) at plowandhearth on sale for $15!! most of the stores around there are very pricey...we also stopped at st*rbucks and i got a limited edition orange creme frappacino - it was yummy and tasted like a dreamsicle.

here is the husband and 'M' enjoying their frappacino's...
sunday we went for brunch with my parents and then to the mall...we got home in time to see the coca-cola 600 nascar race which is always SO long...

today we cleaned the house and went to the grocery store...it's a bittersweet ending to our holiday weekend because tomorrow 'M' has to have surgery...we have known for awhile that it was happening and have lived it up while waiting for the day to arrive...her family is here now and we will all be going to the hospital at the crack of dawn, well before the crack of dawn actually, tomorrow morning...so please, keep 'M', her family and her friends in your thoughts tomorrow. i will be away from the computer most of the day, however will report that she came thru it with flying colors as soon as i can. in the blink of an eye she will be on the road to recovery and we will be celebrating that it's all over!

~k

6 comments:

rpm said...

It looks like a great weekend up there! Those S*bucks drinks look good...I don't like the coffee taste so not sure i would like one. M and you all are in my thoughts and prayers. Surgery seems easier on young people, so I'm sure that helps in her case that she is young. (not that any surgery is easy, though). Her pots she painted are very cute. Now, if those french fries could just be transferred through the computer to me, I'd be happy.

Pam said...

Sounds like a great weekend K!! My mouth is watering looking at that burger and fries. I think someone told me one of those opened here somewhere. I'll have to check it out.
Hope all goes well with M, sending good thoughts her way!

AM said...

M and your Husband are matching! Did you wear a red shirt too?

Your shopping area looks like the one we had in our old town. Very cute area, lots of neat shops. Is there a big fountain somewhere?

Gald to know that this Pirates was better than #2. I didnt think #2 was all that.

Im thinking of M right now!

Magnolia Sun said...

Sounds like a great weekend. The hamburger looks wonderful and so do the fries. I love the flower pots. Please let us know how M is doing.

Lola's *mom* said...

I'm sure your friend is doing just great but I wanted to pass on my good thoughts just the same!

I'm so craving a cheeseburger now after seeing that photo!

Sarah said...

You know...I had Five Guys for the first time last year when we went to see my husband's sister and brother-in-law in Charlotte. I LOVED IT!! Imagine my surpirse when I saw that they are opening one up right down the road from our apartment, in little ol' Fishers, IN. :-) WOOHOO!!

p.s. - While I don't know you, I will be keeping M in my thoughts!