Monday, April 9, 2007

weekend update ~ easter edition

we got lots done over the long holiday weekend. i hope everyone had a great easter! the husband helped me get better organized by adding a shelf to each of the fabric covered tables that we made a few years ago (on in dining room, one in den...look at old wednesday posts for pics). these extra shelves gave me lots of space to organize all of my baking stuff. i have A LOT of baking stuff ranging from 16" round cake pans for wedding cakes to 6" round cake pans to king size cupcake pans plus a bazillion icing tips and colorants and sprinkles to boot! but now it's all organized thanks to the husband. sophie was my 'assistant' all weekend. here she was helping read the newspaper...


she is such a smart kitty...meanwhile her sister kady helped me work on the husband's never ending afghan a lot this weekend. although i really appreciate her help, she does tend to get in the way sometimes. she assures me that the afghan is very soft and comfy.

i had high hopes to be very crafty over my long weekend...i did manage to finish one thing- another painted wooden block that was a special request...


it turned out very nice! i also started a purse for myself out of some leftover silk and started a birdhouse covered in scrapbook paper...i like to start LOTS of things...finishing is another subject...

this weekend was all about eating...friday nite i had a 'clean out the fridge/freezer/pantry' moment and concocted this meal...

aside from putting too much hot sauce in the potatoes it was really good! we had chinese noodle boxes from trader joe's along with some sauteed chicken on saturday nite. for easter brunch we met my parents at 518 west. they have the BEST brunch in town! since we were pretty well stuffed from brunch we just shared a california pizza kitchen frozen pizza for dinner last nite...AND finished off the second batch of bunnies for dessert...


i baked these cuties on friday and planned to decorate them on saturday similarly to the bunnies i made for the office...well i had a MAJOR problem with my royal icing (different than what i used for the office bunnies) and things got ugly until i luckily discovered some left over buttercream in the fridge from a birthday cake. i even had some already tinted pink! i really like the simplicity of these bunnies and figured since i was making them for the niece/nephews they could do without all the extra sugar...i also made eggs...


and packaged them up to give to the kids after church...


last nite i watched a NEW episode of 'desperate housewives' and 'brothers and sisters'. tonite i will be watching 'the bachelor' trying to figure out who he is going to select and the new season of 'little people big world' begins tonite on tlc. since i've got a big tv nite...maybe kady and i can work on the afghan...here's a final shot of my weekend 'assistant' helping me clean out a drawer!

happy monday!

~k

6 comments:

Magnolia Sun said...

I love all the cookies and I'm sure everyone enjoyed them. I like your new dress box too.

Pugalicious said...

I just love Little people big world.. they are local from here.. they live out on a farm north of us.. Roloff Farms.. you can only visit at pumpkin season, no other time..

rpm said...

I hope you pay your asssistants well! Looks like they work very hard. I love the cookies. Good job! The painted box looks great. It's so fun to hear about your projects. I think it's great that you find storage space under those tables. I have limited space here, too. A 16-inch pan! Wow, I could use some of that cake!

Pam said...

So the first thing I see this morning is your picture of the pancakes and hashbrowns...my mouth is watering!
Great photos of the furkids. Mine feel like that have to supervise me as well.
The cookies look great!

Lola's *mom* said...

I watched The Bachelor as well...aren't those girls funny! I don't really like any of them but they make me laugh out loud!

girlville said...

pugalicious - that is so neat that you live near the roloffs!! have you ever been to the farm?