Wednesday, April 4, 2007

wednesday house tour ~ part one

welcome to the wednesday house tour! this is our final day downstairs and today's feature is the den/living room...

this corner backs up to the kitchen...the bookcase is actually made from kitchen cabinets (a co-worker's husband is in the business and he helped me design it), the chair i got from my parent's and had re-covered and i made the 'ottoman' from coffee cans! there is a set of french doors that you can barely see on the left which go onto the deck. i call this area our 'library'.
across from the 'library'

fireplace...the husband made the mantle for me...the goose neck chair belonged to his grandmother (it's been recovered, of course)

coffee table and chair on opposite side of fireplace...this was also an ugly chair from my parent's attic that i had recovered.

the sofa...normally charlie's bed is on the sofa but i removed it for the picture...he sleeps in a dog bed on the sofa...even though he's a cat ;-)

continued on next post...

3 comments:

AM said...

I love what you did with the old kitchen cabinets! That is an AMAZING idea! When/if we buy our new house and rip out the old cabinets, I think I will hang on to them and come up with something clever like you did. Really great idea and I lOVE waht you did with them. That piece looks great.

Magnolia Sun said...

I love the cabinets they are so big and spacious. I would have never thought those were coffee cans. You and your husband are such creative people and have such an eye for things. I'm going to have to start paying more attention to old things and the possibilities.

Pam said...

You have such a lovely home!! You definitely have a great eye.